Karim puts up with blisters to finish first for Waveney Valley club
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Waveney Valley AC were part of a 300-strong field at the Wymondham 20-mile race on Sunday.
First was Karim Ouaddane in 21st in 2:17.43. He won the 50-54 category, consolation for his blisters. Becky Langford, having achieved four personal bests in a row, narrowly failed to make it five, in 95th in 2:44.12.
Karle Howard and Rebecca Harris ran together, with Karle 214th in 3:18.51 and Rebecca 216th in 3:19.18.
One of Waveney’s young stars, Harriet Lyman, competed in the English Schools Cross-Country Championships. She finished 194th in 14.34.
Twenty one Bungay Black Dogs enjoyed the Wymondham race. Simon Cowley was first in two hours and 14 and Sarah MacDonald managed 2:50. Bobbie Sauerzapf won her age class in 2:58.
You may also want to watch:
Holly Bunn, 13, ran in the English School’s Cross-Country Championships and was 175th in 12.21.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47