Karim puts up with blisters to finish first for Waveney Valley club
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Waveney Valley AC were part of a 300-strong field at the Wymondham 20-mile race on Sunday.
First was Karim Ouaddane in 21st in 2:17.43. He won the 50-54 category, consolation for his blisters. Becky Langford, having achieved four personal bests in a row, narrowly failed to make it five, in 95th in 2:44.12.
Karle Howard and Rebecca Harris ran together, with Karle 214th in 3:18.51 and Rebecca 216th in 3:19.18.
One of Waveney’s young stars, Harriet Lyman, competed in the English Schools Cross-Country Championships. She finished 194th in 14.34.
Twenty one Bungay Black Dogs enjoyed the Wymondham race. Simon Cowley was first in two hours and 14 and Sarah MacDonald managed 2:50. Bobbie Sauerzapf won her age class in 2:58.
You may also want to watch:
Holly Bunn, 13, ran in the English School’s Cross-Country Championships and was 175th in 12.21.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail