Karim puts up with blisters to finish first for Waveney Valley club
- Credit: Archant
Five members of Waveney Valley AC were part of a 300-strong field at the Wymondham 20-mile race on Sunday.
First was Karim Ouaddane in 21st in 2:17.43. He won the 50-54 category, consolation for his blisters. Becky Langford, having achieved four personal bests in a row, narrowly failed to make it five, in 95th in 2:44.12.
Karle Howard and Rebecca Harris ran together, with Karle 214th in 3:18.51 and Rebecca 216th in 3:19.18.
One of Waveney’s young stars, Harriet Lyman, competed in the English Schools Cross-Country Championships. She finished 194th in 14.34.
Twenty one Bungay Black Dogs enjoyed the Wymondham race. Simon Cowley was first in two hours and 14 and Sarah MacDonald managed 2:50. Bobbie Sauerzapf won her age class in 2:58.
You may also want to watch:
Holly Bunn, 13, ran in the English School’s Cross-Country Championships and was 175th in 12.21.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home