Karter seeks help to achieve dream
A BUNGAY boy is aiming to become British Kart champion 2010 and follow in the footsteps of his heroes, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.Ronan Hirst had a successful 2009, winning the Beccles Kart Club Championship with the lap record.
A BUNGAY boy is aiming to become British Kart champion 2010 and follow in the footsteps of his heroes, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
Ronan Hirst had a successful 2009, winning the Beccles Kart Club Championship with the lap record.
The British Championship begins at Glan y Gors in Snowdonia, North Wales, over the Easter weekend.
It is followed by a further five rounds at tracks across the UK over the summer. This prestigious competition has been where the country's current F1 champions have cut their racing teeth.
You may also want to watch:
For 2010 there will be full television coverage on Motors TV.
Hirst is very grateful to his first local sponsor Harleston engineering, which is based at Ellough Park Industrial Estate in Beccles.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
They provide a full range of engineering services and also have a trade counter selling a big range of fixings under their HE fixings trading name and have supplied Hirst with full engineering and fixing support for his British Championship season.
Hirst is now looking for six local businesses to each sponsor him for a round of the championship. This would be a modest amount to cover entry fees and tyres.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07789 965904.