Katie collects a golden quartet from the Big Bang event
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft and Oulton Broard Swimming Club attended the recent ‘Big Bang’ event at the University Of East Anglia Norwich.
With a large squad LOBSC won an outstanding 24 medals. Katie Lines led the medal success taking four gold and a silver closely followed by Harry Swann who achieved three gold medals, a silver and a bronze. Taking three silver and a gold James Boots saw success in the 14-year-old section with his sister Naomi winning two bronzes.
Jack Wibberley won silver and bronze medals while Sarah Bowen came home with two gold medals.
Charlotte Youngman was competing for the 10-year-old girls and achieved two bronze medals.
Luke Barton, a silver, and Alice Newnham-Stebbings, a bronze, completed the medal success.
You may also want to watch:
The two-day event saw many LOBSC swimmers achieved county championship qualifying and personal best times.
LOBSC welcomes new members of all ages and ability. Send an e-mail to Bridget Every at email@example.com or telephone Jill Walker on 01502 740359.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles