Katie collects a golden quartet from the Big Bang event
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft and Oulton Broard Swimming Club attended the recent ‘Big Bang’ event at the University Of East Anglia Norwich.
With a large squad LOBSC won an outstanding 24 medals. Katie Lines led the medal success taking four gold and a silver closely followed by Harry Swann who achieved three gold medals, a silver and a bronze. Taking three silver and a gold James Boots saw success in the 14-year-old section with his sister Naomi winning two bronzes.
Jack Wibberley won silver and bronze medals while Sarah Bowen came home with two gold medals.
Charlotte Youngman was competing for the 10-year-old girls and achieved two bronze medals.
Luke Barton, a silver, and Alice Newnham-Stebbings, a bronze, completed the medal success.
You may also want to watch:
The two-day event saw many LOBSC swimmers achieved county championship qualifying and personal best times.
LOBSC welcomes new members of all ages and ability. Send an e-mail to Bridget Every at email@example.com or telephone Jill Walker on 01502 740359.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown