Katie collects a golden quartet from the Big Bang event
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft and Oulton Broard Swimming Club attended the recent ‘Big Bang’ event at the University Of East Anglia Norwich.
With a large squad LOBSC won an outstanding 24 medals. Katie Lines led the medal success taking four gold and a silver closely followed by Harry Swann who achieved three gold medals, a silver and a bronze. Taking three silver and a gold James Boots saw success in the 14-year-old section with his sister Naomi winning two bronzes.
Jack Wibberley won silver and bronze medals while Sarah Bowen came home with two gold medals.
Charlotte Youngman was competing for the 10-year-old girls and achieved two bronze medals.
Luke Barton, a silver, and Alice Newnham-Stebbings, a bronze, completed the medal success.
You may also want to watch:
The two-day event saw many LOBSC swimmers achieved county championship qualifying and personal best times.
LOBSC welcomes new members of all ages and ability. Send an e-mail to Bridget Every at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Jill Walker on 01502 740359.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?