Katy speeds to success
KATY Barber, of Barnby, has started her athletics season with another success in the 100m sprints. She became Suffolk County Champion in the U17 age group on Sunday, May 11, at Ipswich athletics track.
KATY Barber, of Barnby, has started her athletics season with another success in the 100m sprints.
She became Suffolk County Champion in the U17 age group on Sunday, May 11, at Ipswich athletics track. This follows on from her win at the end of last season in the East Anglian League Final at the West Suffolk Arena, Bury St Edmunds.
Katy is a member of the Suffolk squad, chosen by continued good performances at league meetings. Her win on Sunday means she has qualified to run for Suffolk at the Bedford International Games for the Inter Counties East group. She will be competing in the 100m sprints against girls from all over the eastern region.
Katy attends Sir John Leman High School and also competes for the school at various athletic events. She will be running in the 100m and 200m sprints at the Suffolk Schools competition at Bury St Edmunds on June 22.
You may also want to watch:
She is wished continued success in her events from all her family, friends and coaches.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk