Kaye hits maiden league ton
Teenager Joe Kaye scored his maiden Norfolk League century as Hales beat East Harling A by 11 runs.Kaye, 18, was in sparkling form with 100 not out as he laid the foundations for the Division Six victory with Milton Lindsay.
Teenager Joe Kaye scored his maiden Norfolk League century as Hales beat East Harling A by 11 runs.
Kaye, 18, was in sparkling form with 100 not out as he laid the foundations for the Division Six victory with Milton Lindsay. The duo enjoyed a 155-run second wicket stand with Lindsay scoring 50.
The duo came together in the first over and were eventually parted in the 41st, when Lindsay was stumped.
Kaye progressed to a fine century, which included 12 fours and two sixes, as Hales ended on 199-4, all four wickets falling to Macrow (4-34).
You may also want to watch:
Harling made a rocky reply as they slumped to 6 for 2 and then 31 for 3 from 12 overs. However a 98-run partnership between R Pickerall (55) and E Alexander (49) hauled them back into contention. When they were parted with Alexander caught in the deep by Cameron off the spin of Ingham, Harling needed 70 runs off the last 14 overs.
But Hales tightened the screw and the visitors ended 12 runs adrift with two wickets remaining, to leave stand-in skipper Steve Claxton celebrating victory against Hales' bogey team. Todd Jones was the pick of the Hales bowlers with 3 for 34 from his 12 overs. MoM: Joe Kaye.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more