Keller grabs great hat-trick as Langley reach schools’ final
- Credit: Matt Smart/North Devon Gazette
Langley Schools Under 15s are celebrating reaching a national final after a long trip to Devon.
The youngsters, coached by Norwich City legends Rob Newman and Darren Eadie, won 4-0 at South Molton Community College in the semi-finals of the ESFA Playstation Small Schools’ Trophy.
Striker Tyreece Simpson gave Langley the best possible start, firing a well-taken shot in off the post after five minutes.
The visitors made it 2-0 some 20 minutes later through Spencer Keller, ending a twisting run with a calm finish.
South Molton ended the half well, and were beginning to threaten a lot more when a sucker-punch from Keller came, the forward getting his second when rounding off a rapid counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
Langley extended their lead with two minutes remaining when Keller completed his hat-trick.
They face Cheshire school Ellesmere Port Catholic High in the final.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 5 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue