Keller grabs great hat-trick as Langley reach schools’ final
- Credit: Matt Smart/North Devon Gazette
Langley Schools Under 15s are celebrating reaching a national final after a long trip to Devon.
The youngsters, coached by Norwich City legends Rob Newman and Darren Eadie, won 4-0 at South Molton Community College in the semi-finals of the ESFA Playstation Small Schools’ Trophy.
Striker Tyreece Simpson gave Langley the best possible start, firing a well-taken shot in off the post after five minutes.
The visitors made it 2-0 some 20 minutes later through Spencer Keller, ending a twisting run with a calm finish.
South Molton ended the half well, and were beginning to threaten a lot more when a sucker-punch from Keller came, the forward getting his second when rounding off a rapid counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
Langley extended their lead with two minutes remaining when Keller completed his hat-trick.
They face Cheshire school Ellesmere Port Catholic High in the final.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay