Ladies bowl 'em over
BECCLES Ladies had a convincing win against Great Yarmouth in the first round of the Yetton Trophy. They won by 111-60 shots with all four rinks skipped by G Smith, M Rushmere, B Capon and M Draper winning.
BECCLES Ladies had a convincing win against Great Yarmouth in the first round of the Yetton Trophy. They won by 111-60 shots with all four rinks skipped by G Smith, M Rushmere, B Capon and M Draper winning. In the next round they will play Shotford.
In the Denny Plate the men's team beat Browston by 80-68 winning on three rinks.
Rink scores: Home A Twomey, B Harber, S Cook and M Cole 20, D Pratt 15; G Catchpole, J Knights, G Ramsbottom and D Wood 31, V Moore 13. Away R Adams, C Moore, M Todd and J Catchpole 22, P Morris 11; N Plant, A Clarke, I Catchpole and D Todd 16, P Hurran 18.
On Sunday in the Egham Trophy Beccles lost to Sole Bay by 68-80 with only one rink winning.
Rink scores: Home M Moore, J Plant, J Knights and M Todd 23, J Summonds 18; K Clarke, N Plant, G Smith and D Wood 13, P Baggott 16. Away L Catchpole, T Topple, S Cook and M Cole 17, M Gilbert 22; M Wright, C Moore, B Capon and J Catchpole 15, A Buck 24.
Ian Catchpole has won through to the National U25s Singles finals for the second successive season.
- 1 'A very special place' - New mayor privileged to serve town
- 2 'We've had parents in tears' - The church fighting school uniform poverty
- 3 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
- 4 Call to back campaign to win £20,000 of primary school sports gear
- 5 Town's walk and talk scheme helps locals connect to the community
- 6 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 7 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Data reveals 'inadequate' Suffolk schools starting again as academies
- 10 Snap survey - Patients ignored health conditions after GP waits
In the regional qualifiers he beat W Pitt from Browston, T Segolo from County Arts and in the final R Fulcher from Browston.
The national finals of this event are being played at Melton Mowbray on December 27 and 28.