Ladies bowl 'em over
BECCLES Ladies had a convincing win against Great Yarmouth in the first round of the Yetton Trophy. They won by 111-60 shots with all four rinks skipped by G Smith, M Rushmere, B Capon and M Draper winning.
BECCLES Ladies had a convincing win against Great Yarmouth in the first round of the Yetton Trophy. They won by 111-60 shots with all four rinks skipped by G Smith, M Rushmere, B Capon and M Draper winning. In the next round they will play Shotford.
In the Denny Plate the men's team beat Browston by 80-68 winning on three rinks.
Rink scores: Home A Twomey, B Harber, S Cook and M Cole 20, D Pratt 15; G Catchpole, J Knights, G Ramsbottom and D Wood 31, V Moore 13. Away R Adams, C Moore, M Todd and J Catchpole 22, P Morris 11; N Plant, A Clarke, I Catchpole and D Todd 16, P Hurran 18.
On Sunday in the Egham Trophy Beccles lost to Sole Bay by 68-80 with only one rink winning.
You may also want to watch:
Rink scores: Home M Moore, J Plant, J Knights and M Todd 23, J Summonds 18; K Clarke, N Plant, G Smith and D Wood 13, P Baggott 16. Away L Catchpole, T Topple, S Cook and M Cole 17, M Gilbert 22; M Wright, C Moore, B Capon and J Catchpole 15, A Buck 24.
Ian Catchpole has won through to the National U25s Singles finals for the second successive season.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'Keep Southwold Safe' - New signage to support lockdown easing
In the regional qualifiers he beat W Pitt from Browston, T Segolo from County Arts and in the final R Fulcher from Browston.
The national finals of this event are being played at Melton Mowbray on December 27 and 28.