Large field battles it out at Beccles GC
The Car Shop Trophy attracted one of the largest fields of competitors seen for many years at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.The members and invited guests occupied all the tees in the shotgun start with the par 5 fifth hole accommodating two groups of four.
The Car Shop Trophy attracted one of the largest fields of competitors seen for many years at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.
The members and invited guests occupied all the tees in the shotgun start with the par 5 fifth hole accommodating two groups of four.
The generously-sponsored event had numerous prizes on offer as well as the trophy which was won by Nigel Jeffs recording his maiden victory at the club.
His 44 points included two non-scoring holes and resulted in a speedy handicap cut. Runner up was Eddie Bowles (40) points with James Redpath beating George Savill and Craig Gill for third spot after a countback all scoring 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Other prizes were longest drive 18th hole Steve McWilton, nearest pin 1/10 th hole Nigel Jeffs, nearest pin 2/11th hole Dick Grieve, nearest pin 7/16th hole Christian Lever which resulted in an eagle 2, nearest pin 8/17th hole Chris Baker.
Competitors enjoyed an excellent buffet lunch prepared by Liz and Carmen to complete a most enjoyable morning's competition.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
Tomorrow (Saturday) the David Downing Cup will tee off at 8am.
Pictured are (from left): club captain Willie White, winner Nigel Jeffs and Ben Debenham.