Late goal blow for Bungay
Bungay 1, Hempnall 2A LATE goal robbed Bungay of a deserved draw in their final pre-season friendly at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday.Once again they were against opposition from a higher sphere, but gave a good account of themselves.
Bungay 1, Hempnall 2
A LATE goal robbed Bungay of a deserved draw in their final pre-season friendly at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday.
Once again they were against opposition from a higher sphere, but gave a good account of themselves.
They created the better first-half chances, with Sean Payne heading over from a corner when he should have hit the target, and Clarke hurrying his shot from a good position and putting it wide.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Long made a couple of good saves as Anglian Combination Premier Division Hempnall attacked, but the Black Dogs' good work was undone on the stroke of half-time as a defensive blunder gifted the visitors a goal.
Bungay's reply came early in the second half as Paul Bullen's persistence harried a defender into a mistake and the impressive Matt King picked up the loose ball to score with a shot just inside the far post.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
There was little between the sides in a game which could have gone either way, but with two minutes left a Hempnall forward trapped the ball on his chest before volleying first time inside the near post from the edge of the area - a superb strike which gave Long no chance.
At the weekend Bungay had been beaten 4-1 in a friendly away to Old Newtonians.
Their season proper gets under way on Tuesday evening as they visit Sole Bay (Southwold) for their first Anglian Combination Division One game (6.30pm).
Bungay Veterans have a home friendly against Harleston Veterans this evening (7.30pm).