Late goal blow for Bungay
Bungay 1, Hempnall 2A LATE goal robbed Bungay of a deserved draw in their final pre-season friendly at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday.Once again they were against opposition from a higher sphere, but gave a good account of themselves.
Bungay 1, Hempnall 2
A LATE goal robbed Bungay of a deserved draw in their final pre-season friendly at the Maltings Meadow on Tuesday.
Once again they were against opposition from a higher sphere, but gave a good account of themselves.
They created the better first-half chances, with Sean Payne heading over from a corner when he should have hit the target, and Clarke hurrying his shot from a good position and putting it wide.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Long made a couple of good saves as Anglian Combination Premier Division Hempnall attacked, but the Black Dogs' good work was undone on the stroke of half-time as a defensive blunder gifted the visitors a goal.
Bungay's reply came early in the second half as Paul Bullen's persistence harried a defender into a mistake and the impressive Matt King picked up the loose ball to score with a shot just inside the far post.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
There was little between the sides in a game which could have gone either way, but with two minutes left a Hempnall forward trapped the ball on his chest before volleying first time inside the near post from the edge of the area - a superb strike which gave Long no chance.
At the weekend Bungay had been beaten 4-1 in a friendly away to Old Newtonians.
Their season proper gets under way on Tuesday evening as they visit Sole Bay (Southwold) for their first Anglian Combination Division One game (6.30pm).
Bungay Veterans have a home friendly against Harleston Veterans this evening (7.30pm).