Legion sponsor Bungay netball team
NET PROFIT: The Royal British Legion, Beccles, are proud to sponsor the Bungay Ladies’ netball team.
Charlotte (Charlie) Myall, who has been a barmaid at the Legion for the last six months, approached the committee about sponsorship. They were only too happy to agree a sum to cover the cost of 24 training tops, which the team received at the end of January.
The Legion are proud to sponsor the team and wish them luck with the season.
The chairwoman of the team, Lianne Purland, would like to thank the Legion on behalf of the players for their support and sponsorship,
They look forward to working together in fundraising this year for the team. Dates and events will be published in local papers.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay netball team train weekly at Bungay High School on a Thursday, 7.30 till 8.30pm.
They are also competing in their first league matches at Kirkley, playing teams from all over east Suffolk and Norfolk. The team have already had several wins this campaign and are improving.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
They welcome all ladies interested in playing for the team or who just want to go to training for fitness and socializing with a friendly group at all fitness levels.
The club’s annual meeting will be on March 10 at 7.30pm at the Beccles Royal British Legion. All welcome to attend.
Pictured is the netball team with Cliff Cox and Ted Heath of the Royal British Legion.