Legion sponsor Bungay netball team
NET PROFIT: The Royal British Legion, Beccles, are proud to sponsor the Bungay Ladies’ netball team.
Charlotte (Charlie) Myall, who has been a barmaid at the Legion for the last six months, approached the committee about sponsorship. They were only too happy to agree a sum to cover the cost of 24 training tops, which the team received at the end of January.
The Legion are proud to sponsor the team and wish them luck with the season.
The chairwoman of the team, Lianne Purland, would like to thank the Legion on behalf of the players for their support and sponsorship,
They look forward to working together in fundraising this year for the team. Dates and events will be published in local papers.
You may also want to watch:
The Bungay netball team train weekly at Bungay High School on a Thursday, 7.30 till 8.30pm.
They are also competing in their first league matches at Kirkley, playing teams from all over east Suffolk and Norfolk. The team have already had several wins this campaign and are improving.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
They welcome all ladies interested in playing for the team or who just want to go to training for fitness and socializing with a friendly group at all fitness levels.
The club’s annual meeting will be on March 10 at 7.30pm at the Beccles Royal British Legion. All welcome to attend.
Pictured is the netball team with Cliff Cox and Ted Heath of the Royal British Legion.