Loddon hop into final
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup. The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup.
The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
But eventually they received a home fixture in the semi final against Thorpe Rovers.
Loddon went ahead early in the first half and the half time saw the boys going in with a 3-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams came out fighting in the second half with Thorpe scoring their second goal of the match.
The Loddon team spirit came to the forefront and the spectators were privileged to see some superb football from the Loddon boys who always kept their discipline throughout the game, Thorpe receiving six yellow cards and being forced to watch Loddon make two close misses.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
Then, seven minutes from the end Loddon scored their fourth goal to seal the game. They now face Sprowston in the final.
Many thanks to all the spectators for their support.