Loddon hop into final
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup. The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup.
The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
But eventually they received a home fixture in the semi final against Thorpe Rovers.
Loddon went ahead early in the first half and the half time saw the boys going in with a 3-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams came out fighting in the second half with Thorpe scoring their second goal of the match.
The Loddon team spirit came to the forefront and the spectators were privileged to see some superb football from the Loddon boys who always kept their discipline throughout the game, Thorpe receiving six yellow cards and being forced to watch Loddon make two close misses.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
Then, seven minutes from the end Loddon scored their fourth goal to seal the game. They now face Sprowston in the final.
Many thanks to all the spectators for their support.