Loddon hop into final
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup. The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
LODDON Grasshoppers U16 have reached the final of the John Savage County Cup.
The boys who all attend the Hobart High School, survived a difficult run up to the semi final including three away fixtures to teams in the King's Lynn area.
But eventually they received a home fixture in the semi final against Thorpe Rovers.
Loddon went ahead early in the first half and the half time saw the boys going in with a 3-1 lead.
Both teams came out fighting in the second half with Thorpe scoring their second goal of the match.
The Loddon team spirit came to the forefront and the spectators were privileged to see some superb football from the Loddon boys who always kept their discipline throughout the game, Thorpe receiving six yellow cards and being forced to watch Loddon make two close misses.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
Then, seven minutes from the end Loddon scored their fourth goal to seal the game. They now face Sprowston in the final.
Many thanks to all the spectators for their support.