Loddon lose at home
Loddon United Reserves 2, Foulsham 4LODDON manager Simon Key made three changes following the previous week's home defeat, with Neil Ford and Steven Wise starting up front and Brian Johnson filling the right-back position.
Loddon United Reserves 2, Foulsham 4
LODDON manager Simon Key made three changes following the previous week's home defeat, with Neil Ford and Steven Wise starting up front and Brian Johnson filling the right-back position.
The hosts got off to a great start when Matt Ayre forced the ball home from close range.
The visitors hit back when Howes made a poor clearance but recovered well to make a point-blank save.
You may also want to watch:
He was again in the action when a visiting striker raced clear, only for the keeper to pull off a fine diving save.
Foulsham levelled through Ben Ford who slotted in following a goalmouth scramble.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
Loddon went 2-1 up when Brown's corner was fumbled by the keeper and Matt Parkin fired home. Loddon's full back David Johnson cleared off the goal line and soon after the visitors struck the Loddon post and a striker headed against the cross bar.
A far-post header left keeper Howes helpless as the visitors levelled.
A long-range free-kick was booted towards the Loddon goal and with Howes off his line he could only palm the ball into his own goal.
With minutes left Foulsham went on to score again to make the game safe.
Loddon: R Howes, D Johnson, R Greenhalf, R Way, M Parkin, M Ayre, M Cornish, A Brown, S Wise, M Gricks, N Ford.