Loddon lose at home
Loddon United Reserves 2, Foulsham 4LODDON manager Simon Key made three changes following the previous week's home defeat, with Neil Ford and Steven Wise starting up front and Brian Johnson filling the right-back position.
Loddon United Reserves 2, Foulsham 4
LODDON manager Simon Key made three changes following the previous week's home defeat, with Neil Ford and Steven Wise starting up front and Brian Johnson filling the right-back position.
The hosts got off to a great start when Matt Ayre forced the ball home from close range.
The visitors hit back when Howes made a poor clearance but recovered well to make a point-blank save.
You may also want to watch:
He was again in the action when a visiting striker raced clear, only for the keeper to pull off a fine diving save.
Foulsham levelled through Ben Ford who slotted in following a goalmouth scramble.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Loddon went 2-1 up when Brown's corner was fumbled by the keeper and Matt Parkin fired home. Loddon's full back David Johnson cleared off the goal line and soon after the visitors struck the Loddon post and a striker headed against the cross bar.
A far-post header left keeper Howes helpless as the visitors levelled.
A long-range free-kick was booted towards the Loddon goal and with Howes off his line he could only palm the ball into his own goal.
With minutes left Foulsham went on to score again to make the game safe.
Loddon: R Howes, D Johnson, R Greenhalf, R Way, M Parkin, M Ayre, M Cornish, A Brown, S Wise, M Gricks, N Ford.