Loddon lose out
Loddon 2, North Walsham 3Loddon only turned up for the second half of this game.League leaders Walsham capitalised on their dominance with an opener in the 12th minute.
Loddon 2, North Walsham 3
Loddon only turned up for the second half of this game.
League leaders Walsham capitalised on their dominance with an opener in the 12th minute. A cross nodded on at the near post was finished at the far as a striker slipped between two home defenders.
Young was forced to make further saves as Walsham took control, but Loddon strung together a delightful six-pass move, the final cross going behind. On 27 minutes Walsham converted a penalty for 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Marjoribanks' shot curled just wide for Loddon whose back five stood up well. Just before the break a Hancock shot fizzed inches wide.
When the Walsham keeper fumbled the chance went begging before Marjoribanks headed on a throw to Knights. He fed Greenhalf on the left who crossed to the far post and saw the ball loop over the keeper and into the net for 2-1.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
Loddon dominated the next 10 minutes, but against the run of play Walsham fired a corner to the far post where the ball was bundled in for 3-1.
Undeterred, Loddon continued to press. Finally a free-kick was given for a foul on Knights, the offender booked, Robin Andersen floated in the free-kick, the keeper punched and Marjoribanks fired home from the edge of the box for 3-2.
Walsham's No. 9 was shown a yellow for a late challenge. Durrant made a superb tackle to concede a corner from which Walsham squeezed the ball in but the ref blew for an infringement. Durrant was caught late by the No 9 again and the Walsham man was substituted. Loddon dominated the final 15 minutes, barring a couple of breaks. Knights saw a sweet drive well saved and skewed a volley wide. Walsham looked to take the ball to the corners in injury time and hung on.
Musker McIntyre MoM: Josh Knights.
Loddon: Young; Andersen C, Squire, Durrant, Andersen R; Hancock, Summons G, Summons R, Greenhalf, Marjoribanks, Knights. Subs: Andersen D, Creegan.