Loddon lose out
Loddon 2, North Walsham 3Loddon only turned up for the second half of this game.League leaders Walsham capitalised on their dominance with an opener in the 12th minute.
Loddon 2, North Walsham 3
Loddon only turned up for the second half of this game.
League leaders Walsham capitalised on their dominance with an opener in the 12th minute. A cross nodded on at the near post was finished at the far as a striker slipped between two home defenders.
Young was forced to make further saves as Walsham took control, but Loddon strung together a delightful six-pass move, the final cross going behind. On 27 minutes Walsham converted a penalty for 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Marjoribanks' shot curled just wide for Loddon whose back five stood up well. Just before the break a Hancock shot fizzed inches wide.
When the Walsham keeper fumbled the chance went begging before Marjoribanks headed on a throw to Knights. He fed Greenhalf on the left who crossed to the far post and saw the ball loop over the keeper and into the net for 2-1.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 7 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 10 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
Loddon dominated the next 10 minutes, but against the run of play Walsham fired a corner to the far post where the ball was bundled in for 3-1.
Undeterred, Loddon continued to press. Finally a free-kick was given for a foul on Knights, the offender booked, Robin Andersen floated in the free-kick, the keeper punched and Marjoribanks fired home from the edge of the box for 3-2.
Walsham's No. 9 was shown a yellow for a late challenge. Durrant made a superb tackle to concede a corner from which Walsham squeezed the ball in but the ref blew for an infringement. Durrant was caught late by the No 9 again and the Walsham man was substituted. Loddon dominated the final 15 minutes, barring a couple of breaks. Knights saw a sweet drive well saved and skewed a volley wide. Walsham looked to take the ball to the corners in injury time and hung on.
Musker McIntyre MoM: Josh Knights.
Loddon: Young; Andersen C, Squire, Durrant, Andersen R; Hancock, Summons G, Summons R, Greenhalf, Marjoribanks, Knights. Subs: Andersen D, Creegan.