Loddon Reserves go top
With the first team not in action Loddon Reserves took centre stage on Saturday as they beat Swaffham Reserves 2-1 to move to the top of Anglian Combination Division Three.
The visitors started well when a striker watched as his shot crashed back off the cross bar. Loddon’s Josh Gunton then did well to clear a goal bound volley off the goal line.
Gunton should have scored when Matt Ayres’ header found him a yard out, but he missed the easy tap- in.
Loddon then hit back after a spell of heavy pressure when Matt Parkin’s header was punched clear by the Swaffham keeper.
Loddon keeper Adam Robinson was out quick to stop a run away striker from scoring before this side went ahead when Dan Parkins’ corner found Karl Dammerell, who poked home from a yard out.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Jones almost added a second goal, but his 20 yard drive was touched onto the post by the keeper.
Matt Parkin fired the ball into the top corner to give the hosts a 2-0 lead before Swaffham pulled a goal back in the final minute.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 9 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found 'safe and well'
Loddon Res: A Robinson, A Dunning, A Jones, M Ayre, S Jermy, P Collins, D Parkin (D Crisp 80), J Riches (P Squire 85), M Parkin, K Dammerell, J Gunton.
Loddon have a home fixture against Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves tomorrow (2pm) while the Reserves are away to Easton.