Loddon Reserves go top
With the first team not in action Loddon Reserves took centre stage on Saturday as they beat Swaffham Reserves 2-1 to move to the top of Anglian Combination Division Three.
The visitors started well when a striker watched as his shot crashed back off the cross bar. Loddon’s Josh Gunton then did well to clear a goal bound volley off the goal line.
Gunton should have scored when Matt Ayres’ header found him a yard out, but he missed the easy tap- in.
Loddon then hit back after a spell of heavy pressure when Matt Parkin’s header was punched clear by the Swaffham keeper.
Loddon keeper Adam Robinson was out quick to stop a run away striker from scoring before this side went ahead when Dan Parkins’ corner found Karl Dammerell, who poked home from a yard out.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Jones almost added a second goal, but his 20 yard drive was touched onto the post by the keeper.
Matt Parkin fired the ball into the top corner to give the hosts a 2-0 lead before Swaffham pulled a goal back in the final minute.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
Loddon Res: A Robinson, A Dunning, A Jones, M Ayre, S Jermy, P Collins, D Parkin (D Crisp 80), J Riches (P Squire 85), M Parkin, K Dammerell, J Gunton.
Loddon have a home fixture against Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves tomorrow (2pm) while the Reserves are away to Easton.