Loddon Reserves go top
With the first team not in action Loddon Reserves took centre stage on Saturday as they beat Swaffham Reserves 2-1 to move to the top of Anglian Combination Division Three.
The visitors started well when a striker watched as his shot crashed back off the cross bar. Loddon’s Josh Gunton then did well to clear a goal bound volley off the goal line.
Gunton should have scored when Matt Ayres’ header found him a yard out, but he missed the easy tap- in.
Loddon then hit back after a spell of heavy pressure when Matt Parkin’s header was punched clear by the Swaffham keeper.
Loddon keeper Adam Robinson was out quick to stop a run away striker from scoring before this side went ahead when Dan Parkins’ corner found Karl Dammerell, who poked home from a yard out.
Aaron Jones almost added a second goal, but his 20 yard drive was touched onto the post by the keeper.
Matt Parkin fired the ball into the top corner to give the hosts a 2-0 lead before Swaffham pulled a goal back in the final minute.
- 1 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 2 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 4 Latest 'festival-style' market to take place next month
- 5 Holiday business owner fined over £5k after 'excessive waste' found at site
- 6 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 7 New minister appointed for Beccles Salvation Army
- 8 Camera club showcases best of town's efforts
- 9 Knitters set to hit 'gorgeous' beach for Stitches on the Sand
- 10 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
Loddon Res: A Robinson, A Dunning, A Jones, M Ayre, S Jermy, P Collins, D Parkin (D Crisp 80), J Riches (P Squire 85), M Parkin, K Dammerell, J Gunton.
Loddon have a home fixture against Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves tomorrow (2pm) while the Reserves are away to Easton.