Loddon Reserves go top
With the first team not in action Loddon Reserves took centre stage on Saturday as they beat Swaffham Reserves 2-1 to move to the top of Anglian Combination Division Three.
The visitors started well when a striker watched as his shot crashed back off the cross bar. Loddon’s Josh Gunton then did well to clear a goal bound volley off the goal line.
Gunton should have scored when Matt Ayres’ header found him a yard out, but he missed the easy tap- in.
Loddon then hit back after a spell of heavy pressure when Matt Parkin’s header was punched clear by the Swaffham keeper.
Loddon keeper Adam Robinson was out quick to stop a run away striker from scoring before this side went ahead when Dan Parkins’ corner found Karl Dammerell, who poked home from a yard out.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Jones almost added a second goal, but his 20 yard drive was touched onto the post by the keeper.
Matt Parkin fired the ball into the top corner to give the hosts a 2-0 lead before Swaffham pulled a goal back in the final minute.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
Loddon Res: A Robinson, A Dunning, A Jones, M Ayre, S Jermy, P Collins, D Parkin (D Crisp 80), J Riches (P Squire 85), M Parkin, K Dammerell, J Gunton.
Loddon have a home fixture against Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves tomorrow (2pm) while the Reserves are away to Easton.