Loddon's winning run halted
Loddon's winning streak came to an end at the hands of Norwich Union, losing by 56 runs. Loddon won the toss and put Norwich Union into bat first, opening bowlers Baker and Debenham started well with a perfect line and length, keeping the opening batsmen starved for runs.
Loddon's winning streak came to an end at the hands of Norwich Union, losing by 56 runs.
Loddon won the toss and put Norwich Union into bat first, opening bowlers Baker and Debenham started well with a perfect line and length, keeping the opening batsmen starved for runs.
Baker managed to get the first breakthrough when Union's number two batsman glanced one off the face to Johnston at first slip.
Nunn replaced Debenham and soon picked up his first wicket after the number three bat played too early on a lofted delivery and flicked the ball back for an easy caught and bowled.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after, the number one bat mis-timed a square cut off Nunn and popped one up for Riseborough at point. Nunn worked the ball around Union's number five to bowl him middle and off.
Captain Rowson picked up his first wicket with an lbw decision, dismissing Union's number four batsman on 47, before dismissing the number six, top edging one to keeper Armiger.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 4 Town's post office to close within a month
- 5 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 8 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 9 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 10 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
Jones bowled a good line and length and picked up the wicket of Union's number eight batsman. Johnston made a sharp pick-up to run out number seven on the last ball, with Norwich Unions finishing on 170 for eight.
A confident start by opening pair Jones (21) and Armiger (16) pushed the run rate up as they took control of some loose bowling from Union's opening bowlers.
Union soon took back control and caught Armiger in the covers. Jones walked after gloving one to Union's keeper. Nunn (11) quickly picked the run rate up, working the ball around for quick singles, but was trapped in front of the stumps lbw.
Debeham (3) missed a short ball and was bowled on the final ball of the opening spell.
The change bowlers managed to slow the run rate and keep the fresh Loddon batsmen starved of runs and struggling to get settled at the crease, wickets quickly fell, bringing Loddon's chase to a quick end on 114 all out.