Loddon win by six runs
Loddon 147-8 beat Belton 141-9 by six runs.Loddon won the toss and decided to bat first, but the top order struggled to get going with Belton's opening bowlers dispatching the first four wickets in 20 overs with the score at only 32.
Loddon 147-8 beat Belton 141-9 by six runs.
Loddon won the toss and decided to bat first, but the top order struggled to get going with Belton's opening bowlers dispatching the first four wickets in 20 overs with the score at only 32.
A Baker and D Debenham managed to hold a good partnership running well together between the wickets until A Baker (20) misjudged a call for two and was run out in the 31st over with the score at 68.
D Debenham (57) was eventually trapped lbw, C Baker (3) and K Pitman (21) put on the desperately needed extra runs at the close of the innings, Loddon finishing on 147-8.
You may also want to watch:
C Baker got off to a flyer getting the inside edge of opening batsman S Day excellently held by stand in keeper K Johnstone with Baker's fourth ball.
Baker and Wells bowled a nagging tight line and Wells picked up the wicket of S Ali painfully held by D Debenham midwicket. Loddon's K Jones picked up three wickets, two caught behind by keeper K Johnstone and one bowled, S Nunn also picked up three wickets one caught by C Baker at long off and one by A Wells sharply taken at slip and the third bowled.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Loddon put on a fine all-round fielding display despite Belton's tail wagging with some fine hitting in the last few overs, making a very exciting and close finish to the match.
Belton couldn't find the boundary needing 12 off the last over, with C Baker taking the last over Belton could only manage six singles finishing them on 141-9 and seven runs short of victory.