Lowestoft match postponed after opponents coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town FC’s scheduled match tonight (Tuesday) against St Ives Town in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League has been postponed.
The match has been postponed after the St Ives Town FC first team suffered an outbreak of Covid-19,
Lowestoft Town FC chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “Tonight’s scheduled league game has been postponed
“Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 within the St Ives first team our scheduled league game has been postponed.
“We wish everyone affected at St Ives FC a speedy recovery.”
On the St Ives Town FC website, Gary Clarke, chairman, said: “So far two managers and a player have tested positive and we await the results of the other players and staff.
“With a game scheduled tonight we were left with no choice but to notify the league that the club will be unable to fulfil the fixture.
- 1 Obituary: The dentist who described how lucky he was to live in Beccles
- 2 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 3 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 4 Suffolk's sensational year on screen as filmmakers spend millions in county
- 5 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 This East Anglian cheese has been named one of the best in the UK
- 9 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown
- 10 Police chased driver after car crashed into hedge, court hears
“We have a duty of care to the players, staff and more importantly our supporters – many of who fall into the danger category.
“The club’s Board of Directors have voted that the club enters into a complete lockdown of the first team to ensure that our outbreak is contained, therefore St Ives Town FC will not play any games until Friday, October 16 at the earliest.”