Lowestoft match postponed after opponents coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town FC’s scheduled match tonight (Tuesday) against St Ives Town in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League has been postponed.
The match has been postponed after the St Ives Town FC first team suffered an outbreak of Covid-19,
Lowestoft Town FC chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “Tonight’s scheduled league game has been postponed
“Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 within the St Ives first team our scheduled league game has been postponed.
“We wish everyone affected at St Ives FC a speedy recovery.”
You may also want to watch:
On the St Ives Town FC website, Gary Clarke, chairman, said: “So far two managers and a player have tested positive and we await the results of the other players and staff.
“With a game scheduled tonight we were left with no choice but to notify the league that the club will be unable to fulfil the fixture.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 7 Man suffered double jaw fracture in Norwich bar attack
- 8 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
- 9 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
- 10 HGV driver faces trial after death of great-grandmother
“We have a duty of care to the players, staff and more importantly our supporters – many of who fall into the danger category.
“The club’s Board of Directors have voted that the club enters into a complete lockdown of the first team to ensure that our outbreak is contained, therefore St Ives Town FC will not play any games until Friday, October 16 at the earliest.”