Lowestoft match postponed after opponents coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Lowestoft Town FC’s scheduled match tonight (Tuesday) against St Ives Town in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League has been postponed.
The match has been postponed after the St Ives Town FC first team suffered an outbreak of Covid-19,
Lowestoft Town FC chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “Tonight’s scheduled league game has been postponed
“Due to an outbreak of Covid-19 within the St Ives first team our scheduled league game has been postponed.
“We wish everyone affected at St Ives FC a speedy recovery.”
You may also want to watch:
On the St Ives Town FC website, Gary Clarke, chairman, said: “So far two managers and a player have tested positive and we await the results of the other players and staff.
“With a game scheduled tonight we were left with no choice but to notify the league that the club will be unable to fulfil the fixture.
- 1 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 2 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 3 Geldeston Locks Inn pub near Beccles temporarily closes due to Covid
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 West End star set to visit youngsters at Beccles Public Hall
- 6 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
- 7 Heartbreak as Beccles Ladies miss out on Wembley dream at final hurdle
- 8 Wanted Waveney man may be in London
- 9 Youngsters aged 12 to 18 to begin receiving Covid vaccinations
- 10 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
“We have a duty of care to the players, staff and more importantly our supporters – many of who fall into the danger category.
“The club’s Board of Directors have voted that the club enters into a complete lockdown of the first team to ensure that our outbreak is contained, therefore St Ives Town FC will not play any games until Friday, October 16 at the earliest.”