Magic touch at Bungay GC
Bungay Golf Club members must have some sort of magic touch when playing at neighbours Rookery Park. In a recent seniors match, member Robyn Hipperson managed his second hole-in-one inside 14 months.
Bungay Golf Club members must have some sort of magic touch when playing at neighbours Rookery Park.
In a recent seniors match, member Robyn Hipperson managed his second hole-in-one inside 14 months.
Using a well struck 7-wood his ball bounced on the green of the 159-yard par three 14th hole and disappeared regally down the hole! The usual clubhouse invitation to a drink was the suitable celebration for his achievement.
The second report to reach the office was a hole-in-one by Bungay junior member Sam Page when playing in an Am-Am at Rookery. He has achieved his first hole-in-one aged 16, with a perfectly judged 9-iron at the 138-yard 9th hole.
You may also want to watch:
Sam said: “The ball was going straight for the pin, bounced a couple of times and ran straight into the hole.”
Father sorted out the usual celebrations at the 19th.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 8 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 9 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing