Magic touch at Bungay GC
Bungay Golf Club members must have some sort of magic touch when playing at neighbours Rookery Park. In a recent seniors match, member Robyn Hipperson managed his second hole-in-one inside 14 months.
Bungay Golf Club members must have some sort of magic touch when playing at neighbours Rookery Park.
In a recent seniors match, member Robyn Hipperson managed his second hole-in-one inside 14 months.
Using a well struck 7-wood his ball bounced on the green of the 159-yard par three 14th hole and disappeared regally down the hole! The usual clubhouse invitation to a drink was the suitable celebration for his achievement.
The second report to reach the office was a hole-in-one by Bungay junior member Sam Page when playing in an Am-Am at Rookery. He has achieved his first hole-in-one aged 16, with a perfectly judged 9-iron at the 138-yard 9th hole.
You may also want to watch:
Sam said: “The ball was going straight for the pin, bounced a couple of times and ran straight into the hole.”
Father sorted out the usual celebrations at the 19th.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles