Manager blow for Caxton
Beccles Caxton 2, Mundford 4CAXTON suffered another defeat, despite being the dominant side for the majority of the game.They put in a good performance but individual errors cost them all the points.
Beccles Caxton 2, Mundford 4
CAXTON suffered another defeat, despite being the dominant side for the majority of the game.
They put in a good performance but individual errors cost them all the points.
However, the defeat was over-shadowed with Gareth Buck stepping down as first team manager. He wished players all the best for the rest of the season and thanked them for making his time at the club enjoyable.
You may also want to watch:
Changes saw the return of Bishop in attack, with Skoulding moving to defence and Remblance replacing Docherty. Wright partnered Roberts on the bench.
Caxton started the brighter with the midfield of Pasque, Nobbs, Kearney and Remblance dominating and creating chances for Bishop and Clarke.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
Remblance was causing problems down the right and the first effort on goal was just off target. More chances fell to Pasque, Remblance and Bishop.
Caxton deservedly took the lead when a Skoulding free-kick was fumbled by the keeper into the path of Pasque who coolly slotted the ball in.
Caxton's lead was short-lived as Mundford equalised as they capitalised on a poor back pass to easily score from close range.
Things got worse for Caxton as defender T Riches got injured. Wright replaced him with Kearney moving into defence.
Soon after Mundford took the lead against the run of play following a scramble in box which was not dealt with, their striker poking home.
The second half started with Caxton continuing to be more threatening with substitute Wright causing many problems.
Caxton equalised following a great run by Wright. He beat three players before being brought down for a penalty which Downing converted to make it 2-2.
Caxton found themselves behind again soon after following a header from close range as the visitors started to get into the game.
With Caxton pushing for the equaliser, Mundford wrapped up the victory late with a good finish from outside the box.
MoM: Glenn Wright.
Caxton: Downing, T Riches, K Riches (c), Skoulding, Dyer, Kearney, Nobbs, Pasque, Remblance, Bishop, Clarke. Subs: Roberts, Wright.
Caxton now have a three-week break over Christmas and are looking for a suitable first team manager to push the club forward following the departure of Gareth Buck.
The club and players would like to thank him for everything he has done for the Caxton club since taking over as manager.