Mark and Tom aid Bungay win
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.
Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
Bungay captain Pawsey lost the toss, and was asked to bat. A steady Bungay start boded well, but the dismissal of Chang for 27, left it to the middle order to provide.
York (46), was the only significant contributor, as other batsmen although hitting double figure scores, could not capitalise further.
Posting a final total of 148 all out it was felt a good bowling performance would be required. It stared well with Pawsey (1-10), and Mowday (1-27), bagging an opener each.
However, it was the change bowlers who were to do the damage. York (3-14), and Eldon (5-11), got the ball to move around significantly with pace.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 8 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
With concerning rain clouds gathering, the bowling proved too much for the Bunwell middle order. They crumpled to 69 all out, leaving Bungay deserved winners and relieved the showers had kept at bay.