Mark and Tom aid Bungay win
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.
Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
Bungay captain Pawsey lost the toss, and was asked to bat. A steady Bungay start boded well, but the dismissal of Chang for 27, left it to the middle order to provide.
York (46), was the only significant contributor, as other batsmen although hitting double figure scores, could not capitalise further.
You may also want to watch:
Posting a final total of 148 all out it was felt a good bowling performance would be required. It stared well with Pawsey (1-10), and Mowday (1-27), bagging an opener each.
However, it was the change bowlers who were to do the damage. York (3-14), and Eldon (5-11), got the ball to move around significantly with pace.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 7 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 8 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 9 Six million PPE items arriving in Suffolk found to be unsafe
- 10 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
With concerning rain clouds gathering, the bowling proved too much for the Bunwell middle order. They crumpled to 69 all out, leaving Bungay deserved winners and relieved the showers had kept at bay.