Mark and Tom aid Bungay win
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
BUNGAY faced Bunwell in Mid-Norfolk Sunday League Peter Parfitt Division Three.
Eight wickets shared between Mark Eldon and Tom York put the seal on a fine win for Bungay.
Bungay captain Pawsey lost the toss, and was asked to bat. A steady Bungay start boded well, but the dismissal of Chang for 27, left it to the middle order to provide.
York (46), was the only significant contributor, as other batsmen although hitting double figure scores, could not capitalise further.
You may also want to watch:
Posting a final total of 148 all out it was felt a good bowling performance would be required. It stared well with Pawsey (1-10), and Mowday (1-27), bagging an opener each.
However, it was the change bowlers who were to do the damage. York (3-14), and Eldon (5-11), got the ball to move around significantly with pace.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 5 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 6 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
With concerning rain clouds gathering, the bowling proved too much for the Bunwell middle order. They crumpled to 69 all out, leaving Bungay deserved winners and relieved the showers had kept at bay.