Martial artists' medals haul
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.
The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The Beccles students came home with 15 medals having competed against the rest of the 55 UK clubs as well as students from Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
Also two Beccles students Glyn Spalding, 11, and James Lewis, 12, received their black belts from the Grandmaster.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Hinchliffe is the club instructor and said “I am very proud of all the students who represented the club and our town so well, martial arts teach young people an multitude of life skills and enjoying a competition like this has had a positive effect on all concerned.
“The event was attended by Beccles deputy Mayor Brian Taylor and his wife Judy. Deputy Mayor Taylor has visited the club and was impressed with the junior class he saw.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home
If you're interested in Martial Arts classes contact Philip on 07960 980333.
Pictured in the photo left to right: Brian Taylor Deputy Mayor of Beccles, James Lewis, Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh. Glyn Spalding, Philip Hinchliffe.