Martial artists' medals haul
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.
The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The Beccles students came home with 15 medals having competed against the rest of the 55 UK clubs as well as students from Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
Also two Beccles students Glyn Spalding, 11, and James Lewis, 12, received their black belts from the Grandmaster.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Hinchliffe is the club instructor and said “I am very proud of all the students who represented the club and our town so well, martial arts teach young people an multitude of life skills and enjoying a competition like this has had a positive effect on all concerned.
“The event was attended by Beccles deputy Mayor Brian Taylor and his wife Judy. Deputy Mayor Taylor has visited the club and was impressed with the junior class he saw.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
If you're interested in Martial Arts classes contact Philip on 07960 980333.
Pictured in the photo left to right: Brian Taylor Deputy Mayor of Beccles, James Lewis, Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh. Glyn Spalding, Philip Hinchliffe.