Martial artists' medals haul
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.
The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The Beccles students came home with 15 medals having competed against the rest of the 55 UK clubs as well as students from Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
Also two Beccles students Glyn Spalding, 11, and James Lewis, 12, received their black belts from the Grandmaster.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Hinchliffe is the club instructor and said “I am very proud of all the students who represented the club and our town so well, martial arts teach young people an multitude of life skills and enjoying a competition like this has had a positive effect on all concerned.
“The event was attended by Beccles deputy Mayor Brian Taylor and his wife Judy. Deputy Mayor Taylor has visited the club and was impressed with the junior class he saw.”
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47
If you're interested in Martial Arts classes contact Philip on 07960 980333.
Pictured in the photo left to right: Brian Taylor Deputy Mayor of Beccles, James Lewis, Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh. Glyn Spalding, Philip Hinchliffe.