Martial artists' medals haul
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The European Kuk Sool Won (Korean Martial Arts) competition was held in King's Lynn recently.
The Beccles club, which has been established in the town for 34 years, sent 20 students to the competition.
The Beccles students came home with 15 medals having competed against the rest of the 55 UK clubs as well as students from Spain, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands.
Also two Beccles students Glyn Spalding, 11, and James Lewis, 12, received their black belts from the Grandmaster.
Philip Hinchliffe is the club instructor and said “I am very proud of all the students who represented the club and our town so well, martial arts teach young people an multitude of life skills and enjoying a competition like this has had a positive effect on all concerned.
“The event was attended by Beccles deputy Mayor Brian Taylor and his wife Judy. Deputy Mayor Taylor has visited the club and was impressed with the junior class he saw.”
- 1 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 2 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 7 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 8 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Suffolk ranked as the best place in England for camping holidays
If you're interested in Martial Arts classes contact Philip on 07960 980333.
Pictured in the photo left to right: Brian Taylor Deputy Mayor of Beccles, James Lewis, Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh. Glyn Spalding, Philip Hinchliffe.