Medals delight for Bungay club
MEMBERS of Bungay's Black Dog Judo Club travelled to RAF Marham for a friendly competition.There was a mixture of experience and novices taking part in what is always a tough competition.
MEMBERS of Bungay's Black Dog Judo Club travelled to RAF Marham for a friendly competition. Oliver won all his fights with ippon (maximum score) for gold. Jack fought up a weight group and showed excellent skill to win all his fights to secure a gold medal.
Michael was competing for the first time and showed he has learnt well from his training, managing to win his first ever fight with an ippon, then won silver. Harry, in his second competition, found himself in a group where all the rest were much bigger! He fought well and landed a bronze medal. Abigail in her first competition showed excellent skill - it will not be long before she will be turning her bronze into silver and gold.
The club meets Thursday nights at the Chaucer Club in Bungay. Their competition in November got entries from all over the region and was a great success.
The club also held a number of specialised training days with guest coaches including GB No 1 Colin Oates.
You may also want to watch:
This year sees Jack get his first crack at the BJA nationals where he has a good chance of putting the club on to the national scene.
If interested in joining the
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
club call 07793 583683 or visit
the website on www.blackdogjudo.co.uk