Medals haul for gym girls
NINE young gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club went to Ipswich to take part in the Suffolk Kit-e-Kat competition to compete with four other clubs – and they came home with one gold and three silver medals.
In Level One in the youngest age group for five to six-year-olds, tiny Charlotte Warnes put on a sparkling performance and won the silver medal with a score of 49.5, the highest score in the whole Beccles team.
In Level one, age six to seven, Amie Seaman managed a good fourth place while Isabelle Brown made a big improvement in her score from her last competition.
Katie Yallop in the seven to eight age group at Level One gave a very tidy performance and took the silver medal.
In Level Two, eight to nine age group, Emily Chalk took the fifth place with a score of 44.0.
You may also want to watch:
At the higher Level Four, age nine and over, Rebekah Aitken won the silver medal, while in the nine and under, Courtney Garaway was placed fourth.
The gold medallist on the day in the Level Three, age nine and over was Sarah Playford, leading her team-mate Sian Foulsham-Ellis in that group.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
These competitions are planned to introduce younger and inexperienced gymnasts to the competitive environment and where better than at the Ipswich Gymnastics Club, which has hosted many international competitions.
The gymnasts were happy with their performances and coped very well with nerves.
Their coaches felt that they had all enjoyed the experience and were keen to enter the next competition.
For further details about the club, just give the secretary a call on 01502 716852.