Medals haul for gym girls
NINE young gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club went to Ipswich to take part in the Suffolk Kit-e-Kat competition to compete with four other clubs – and they came home with one gold and three silver medals.
In Level One in the youngest age group for five to six-year-olds, tiny Charlotte Warnes put on a sparkling performance and won the silver medal with a score of 49.5, the highest score in the whole Beccles team.
In Level one, age six to seven, Amie Seaman managed a good fourth place while Isabelle Brown made a big improvement in her score from her last competition.
Katie Yallop in the seven to eight age group at Level One gave a very tidy performance and took the silver medal.
In Level Two, eight to nine age group, Emily Chalk took the fifth place with a score of 44.0.
You may also want to watch:
At the higher Level Four, age nine and over, Rebekah Aitken won the silver medal, while in the nine and under, Courtney Garaway was placed fourth.
The gold medallist on the day in the Level Three, age nine and over was Sarah Playford, leading her team-mate Sian Foulsham-Ellis in that group.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 5 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 6 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
These competitions are planned to introduce younger and inexperienced gymnasts to the competitive environment and where better than at the Ipswich Gymnastics Club, which has hosted many international competitions.
The gymnasts were happy with their performances and coped very well with nerves.
Their coaches felt that they had all enjoyed the experience and were keen to enter the next competition.
For further details about the club, just give the secretary a call on 01502 716852.