Mick proves fastest
In the Redbridge CC 25mile time trial on the A14-A12 at Newmarket on Saturday, Mick Hudspith, of Godric CC, did a good time of 58:43.In the same event Pat Ellis, from Woodton Fat Birds CC, did 59-07 and John Dupen, from Redisham VC Baracchi, 59-26.
In the Redbridge CC 25mile time trial on the A14-A12 at Newmarket on Saturday, Mick Hudspith, of Godric CC, did a good time of 58:43.
In the same event Pat Ellis, from Woodton Fat Birds CC, did 59-07 and John Dupen, from Redisham VC Baracchi, 59-26.
Mick Hudspith went down to the A1 to ride the Beds Roads CC 25mile TT and had a good ride in a time of 59:48.
Godric CC held the last evening 10mile TT for 2008 on the Earsham by-pass there was a good entry of 23 riders including five 'come and try it' riders - one of whom was schoolboy Scott Chenery who did time of 27:15, a very good first ride. Also, schoolboy Rory Power did 27:21 and both live in Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
Best on the night was John Dupen with 23:19, second George Kerridge 24:27, third Paul Clarke 25:05 (all VC Baracchi), fourth Andy Atthowe (Try-Anglia) 25:12, fifth Brian Davies (Icknield RC) 25:20.
Godric times were Paul Barwood 25:43 and Gavin Sumner 26:10.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
As a point of interest, from 1996 till 1999 Bradley Wiggins won the Godric CC May Day Juvenile and Junior events in Bungay and went on to win two Olympic gold medals in Beijing.
Ross Edger won a Silver in Beijing he also won Juvenile and Junior events in Bungay in 1999 and 2000.
It is good to think that the May Day Races helped these riders on their way to fame.