Mixed fortunes for Ashby as they fellow up win with defeat
- Credit: Archant
Marlingford were the final visitors for Ashby’s series of 20/20 games.
On an fine evening, Marlingford were restricted to 115-4 against some good bowling.
Wickets were taken by Paul Thurbon (2), Andy Bunn and Joe Jackman.
Ashby replied in impression fashion, with the winning runs coming in the 19th over for the loss of six wickets (Dan Littlechild 34, Will Sillitoe 28).
With the original opponents calling off, Norwich sent an array of talented youngsters with one or two older members. Ashby, facing some good bowlers, found runs difficult on a slow wicket and they were all out for 110 (Brown 25, Jackman 18).
You may also want to watch:
Ashby’s bowlers struck quickly and at the halfway stage the score was 72-7 but the experienced Aaron Watson and Sexton got Norwich over the line. Jackman took three wickets.
On Bank Holiday Monday Ashby hosts Essex side Willowherbs (1pm).
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles