Mixed fortunes for Ashby as they fellow up win with defeat
- Credit: Archant
Marlingford were the final visitors for Ashby’s series of 20/20 games.
On an fine evening, Marlingford were restricted to 115-4 against some good bowling.
Wickets were taken by Paul Thurbon (2), Andy Bunn and Joe Jackman.
Ashby replied in impression fashion, with the winning runs coming in the 19th over for the loss of six wickets (Dan Littlechild 34, Will Sillitoe 28).
With the original opponents calling off, Norwich sent an array of talented youngsters with one or two older members. Ashby, facing some good bowlers, found runs difficult on a slow wicket and they were all out for 110 (Brown 25, Jackman 18).
You may also want to watch:
Ashby’s bowlers struck quickly and at the halfway stage the score was 72-7 but the experienced Aaron Watson and Sexton got Norwich over the line. Jackman took three wickets.
On Bank Holiday Monday Ashby hosts Essex side Willowherbs (1pm).
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 9 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 10 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains