Neeve leads home Black Dogs
- Credit: Archant
Eight Bungay Black Dog Running Club (BBDRC) athletes took to the streets of Dereham on Sunday to take part in the town’s 5k road race.
A strong crowd lined parts of the route, providing support that made for a good morning’s racing in weather that featured a fresh wind to relieve the humidity.
David Neeve was the first Black Dog home, securing a new personal best time with just five seconds to spare.
He kept pace with the front pack for the majority of the race with club-mate Chris Chorley never far behind.
The race produced great determination and grit from all Bungay Black Dog runners, but the entertaining personal battle to watch was between Graham Sampson and Don Tiffin who remained neck and neck throughout the race. A sprint finish over the last 100 metres was needed to decide the final outcome.
Stuart Young, Alice Kirk and Bobbie Sauerzapf looked comfortable throughout, putting in strong sprint finishes, while Laura Button, aiming for a Bronze Age Grading time over the distance, comfortably secured it.
The Black Dog camp all praised “a very well organised race and fantastic support” which was enjoyed by all.
- 1 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 2 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 7 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 8 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Suffolk ranked as the best place in England for camping holidays
Black Dog results among the 303 runners were: 72 David Neeve 20:07, 95 Chris Chorley 20:48, 163 Stuart Young 24:02, 192 Alice Kirk 25:23, 199 Bobbie Sauerzapf 25:40, 207 Graham Sampson 25:54, 210 Don Tiffin 25:59, 220 Laura Button 26:26.