Neeve leads home Black Dogs
- Credit: Archant
Eight Bungay Black Dog Running Club (BBDRC) athletes took to the streets of Dereham on Sunday to take part in the town’s 5k road race.
A strong crowd lined parts of the route, providing support that made for a good morning’s racing in weather that featured a fresh wind to relieve the humidity.
David Neeve was the first Black Dog home, securing a new personal best time with just five seconds to spare.
He kept pace with the front pack for the majority of the race with club-mate Chris Chorley never far behind.
The race produced great determination and grit from all Bungay Black Dog runners, but the entertaining personal battle to watch was between Graham Sampson and Don Tiffin who remained neck and neck throughout the race. A sprint finish over the last 100 metres was needed to decide the final outcome.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Young, Alice Kirk and Bobbie Sauerzapf looked comfortable throughout, putting in strong sprint finishes, while Laura Button, aiming for a Bronze Age Grading time over the distance, comfortably secured it.
The Black Dog camp all praised “a very well organised race and fantastic support” which was enjoyed by all.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
Black Dog results among the 303 runners were: 72 David Neeve 20:07, 95 Chris Chorley 20:48, 163 Stuart Young 24:02, 192 Alice Kirk 25:23, 199 Bobbie Sauerzapf 25:40, 207 Graham Sampson 25:54, 210 Don Tiffin 25:59, 220 Laura Button 26:26.