Net profit for Beccles pupils
BECCLES Middle School entered four teams into the North Suffolk year six netball competition last week. They joined 12 other teams from local middle schools in the tournament held at Benjamin Britten High School.
BECCLES Middle School entered four teams into the North Suffolk year six netball competition last week.
They joined 12 other teams from local middle schools in the tournament held at Benjamin Britten High School.
All of the Beccles teams played well, but the A team (pictured) stood out as the real stars.
In the group stage they beat Roman Hill, Harris, Foxborough and Pakefield B, scoring 28 goals without reply. They then beat Gisleham 5-0 in the quarter-finals and faced local rivals, Worlingham, in the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
This was a tougher match but the girls ended 4-2 winners.
The final was against Pakefield A and turned into a real end-to-end battle.
- 1 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 2 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 3 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 6 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 7 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
At the end of full time the score was 2-2.
After extra time it was still 2-2 so went to golden goal.
Beccles piled on the pressure and scored the elusive, wining goal.