Net profit for Beccles pupils
BECCLES Middle School entered four teams into the North Suffolk year six netball competition last week. They joined 12 other teams from local middle schools in the tournament held at Benjamin Britten High School.
BECCLES Middle School entered four teams into the North Suffolk year six netball competition last week.
They joined 12 other teams from local middle schools in the tournament held at Benjamin Britten High School.
All of the Beccles teams played well, but the A team (pictured) stood out as the real stars.
In the group stage they beat Roman Hill, Harris, Foxborough and Pakefield B, scoring 28 goals without reply. They then beat Gisleham 5-0 in the quarter-finals and faced local rivals, Worlingham, in the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
This was a tougher match but the girls ended 4-2 winners.
The final was against Pakefield A and turned into a real end-to-end battle.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 7 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 10 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
At the end of full time the score was 2-2.
After extra time it was still 2-2 so went to golden goal.
Beccles piled on the pressure and scored the elusive, wining goal.