New bosses for Beccles Town
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town Football Club have announced the managerial appointment of Steve Batt and Neil Hurren following the departure of Gaven Tipple.
Club chairman Andy Woodcock said: “There was a large interest in the role to manage the team.”
Woodcock added:“The selection committee were drawn to the joint management team of Steve and Neil as it was clear they both followed the same common vision as the club committee.
“We strongly believe they have the capability and skills set to continue the excellent transition that started last season following the merge of St Benet’s Wasps (Youth) and Beccles Town FC, bringing to the club a clear long-term development structure for young players moving into the adult section.”
Batt said: “It’s a great honour for Neil and I to be appointed joint Beccles Town first team managers.
You may also want to watch:
“We both have a huge amount of enthusiasm to help develop this club further by building on the successes of last season.
“At the end of last season, I suffered an injury which means I will be unable to play again.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
“However, after the amazing progress that has been made on and off the pitch over the last 12 months, I desperately wanted to stay involved with the club.
“After conversations with Neil we decided to jointly apply for the first team manager job as we felt we had a lot to offer.”
Hurren said: “Steve and I have put together a clear plan to develop not only the first team but also support the development of the football players from youth level through to the adult section players of Beccles Town FC.”
He added: “We are extremely excited about the opportunity that has been given to us.”
Batt identified the target in their first season is to achieve promotion to the Anglian Combination Premier Division.
“We are thankful to the committee for giving us the opportunity to take on this role and we are confident we can repay the faith they have shown in us with promotion this season whilst also setting up a structured progression for the youngsters in the club.”
Woodcock also acknowledged the commitment to the first team last season of the assistant manager Russell Walker, who has stepped into the reserves as joint manager with Jason Newson.
The club also announced the appointment of the management team consisting of Peter Milton, Jason Grimmer and Joe Harvey for the under 18s.
The first adult training sessions started on Tuesday.
Prior to training, the first team management held a players meeting to get the season off to a good start.