New captain takes to water
Beccles Rowing Club is proud to announce the formal appointment of a new captain for 2009. Phil Marler, long time member and keen competitor, has taken on the mantle of steering Beccles Rowing Club into exciting new waters.
Beccles Rowing Club is proud to announce the formal appointment of a new captain for 2009.
Phil Marler, long time member and keen competitor, has taken on the mantle of steering Beccles Rowing Club into exciting new waters.
Beccles RC is moving forward at an impressive pace, with a threefold increase in members in the last year. The club is now notable for its large and growing junior section and numbers of keen female rowers.
Marler, a qualified coach and one of the most successful club members in terms of pots on the shelf, is keen to see progress continue and has launched a number of impressive and challenging new initiatives for members.
You may also want to watch:
Competitive weekly training, timed sessions and formalised coaching programmes are designed to ensure competitiveness and enjoyment are both increased. Those who joined to succeed on a competitive stage will be positively encouraged and new members who joined to get fit are certainly going to get their wish granted !
Further new key initiatives include the Coaching and Development Manual, sub-titled “Be the best you can be”, which has been created to tailor-make training and coaching programmes for individuals and crews alike, enabling them to reach their goals and achieve competitive success.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
The Achievement Book has also been produced in order to recognise great race performances and to inspire those who are not yet in it !
The club is also launching a series of regular “Recruitment Phases” that are designed to encourage new members and interested newcomers to begin a formal development and coaching plan. This will ensure that all new recruits receive a solid grounding that is structured and progressive, with formal coaching guaranteeing enjoyment through a clear development plan.
These quarterly plans will take place at 10am during the regular Sunday club sessions and will commence from the last week of February, and the format will be repeated in May, August and November.
Those interested in coming to one of the Beccles RC Induction Programmes, or keen to help the club in any way, are encouraged to contact Phil Marler via the website which can be found at www.becclesrowingclub.co.uk