New captain takes to water
Beccles Rowing Club is proud to announce the formal appointment of a new captain for 2009. Phil Marler, long time member and keen competitor, has taken on the mantle of steering Beccles Rowing Club into exciting new waters.
Beccles Rowing Club is proud to announce the formal appointment of a new captain for 2009.
Phil Marler, long time member and keen competitor, has taken on the mantle of steering Beccles Rowing Club into exciting new waters.
Beccles RC is moving forward at an impressive pace, with a threefold increase in members in the last year. The club is now notable for its large and growing junior section and numbers of keen female rowers.
Marler, a qualified coach and one of the most successful club members in terms of pots on the shelf, is keen to see progress continue and has launched a number of impressive and challenging new initiatives for members.
You may also want to watch:
Competitive weekly training, timed sessions and formalised coaching programmes are designed to ensure competitiveness and enjoyment are both increased. Those who joined to succeed on a competitive stage will be positively encouraged and new members who joined to get fit are certainly going to get their wish granted !
Further new key initiatives include the Coaching and Development Manual, sub-titled “Be the best you can be”, which has been created to tailor-make training and coaching programmes for individuals and crews alike, enabling them to reach their goals and achieve competitive success.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
The Achievement Book has also been produced in order to recognise great race performances and to inspire those who are not yet in it !
The club is also launching a series of regular “Recruitment Phases” that are designed to encourage new members and interested newcomers to begin a formal development and coaching plan. This will ensure that all new recruits receive a solid grounding that is structured and progressive, with formal coaching guaranteeing enjoyment through a clear development plan.
These quarterly plans will take place at 10am during the regular Sunday club sessions and will commence from the last week of February, and the format will be repeated in May, August and November.
Those interested in coming to one of the Beccles RC Induction Programmes, or keen to help the club in any way, are encouraged to contact Phil Marler via the website which can be found at www.becclesrowingclub.co.uk