New changing rooms at Caxton
This week Beccles Caxton are home to Acle Reserves (2pm kick-off) and will unveil their new changing rooms before the match.Attleborough Town 0, Beccles Caxton 0Changes were made to the side that won the previous week.
This week Beccles Caxton are home to Acle Reserves (2pm kick-off) and will unveil their new changing rooms before the match.
Attleborough Town 0, Beccles Caxton 0
Changes were made to the side that won the previous week. R Payne and G Doherty were brought in to replace the unavailable A Dyer and L Clarke, with L Buck moving up front and T Riches switching to left full-back.
Caxton started the stronger and were passing well, even though the pitch conditions made it hard to play free-flowing football.
You may also want to watch:
Caxton carved out the first opportunity on goal as W Skoulding had a free-kick well saved by the keeper and A Bishop also had a shot that went just wide.
With Caxton not able to capitalise on their possession, Attleborough started getting back into the game and put the Caxton defence under a little pressure. Caxton began to get frustrated with the conditions and were unable to maintain the passing and movement which was causing Attleborough problems in the early stages of the match.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 5 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 6 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
With Caxton struggling, M Nobbs was inspirational in the heart of midfield with his battling and running, limiting Attleborough to long-range efforts that never really troubled keeper J Downing.
The second half saw Caxton starting the stronger and creating chances. D Wilby was causing problems and won many free-kicks in dangerous positions. Doherty had a fine free-kick which was just tipped over by the keeper and Buck also had a shot that just went over from the edge of the area.
Caxton were committing men forward, seeking that elusive goal and were nearly caught out on the counter-attack. However, two great saves from Downing and a last-ditch tackle from Riches kept Attleborough out, as the game became end to end.
Caxton had two late chances, with Buck's header just wide, and a scramble in the box nearly saw an Attleborough defender put through his own net.
Caxton will feel it was two points dropped, as they were the better side, but failed to convert their chances.
MoM: M Nobbs.
Team: J Downing, R Payne, T Riches, W Skoulding, K Riches (captain), M Pasque, G Doherty, M Nobbs, D Wilby, A Bishop, L Buck. Subs: M Roberts, G White.