New member Scott makes his mark
The captain’s drive-in was held at Beccles Golf Club recently.
After much debate amongst competition organiser Willie White, club secretary Alan Ereira, incoming captain James Cushing, and the players who had braved the elements, it was decided follow the drive-in with the monthly Medal qualifying competition.
James took to the first tee wielding an eight iron and with very blustery winds from behind, the ball finished in the dip at a distance of 149 yards.
Nearest guess in the sweepstake was Ben Debenham with 150 yards.
All the players struggled with the blustery and wet conditions, with only two players playing to par or better. In a creditable third position was James Cushing (86-11-75), second was David Wells (81-13-68) and winning his first competition was new club member Scott Manthorpe (91-24-67).
You may also want to watch:
James thanked Willie and Sam for their hard work prior to the competition, clearing the greens of water, and Bert for the hot refreshments that were waiting on completion of the competition.
Forthcoming events: Saturday, February 15: 18-hole Stableford, yellow tees. Sunday, February 16: 18-hole Medal, yellow tees, men’s/ladies.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
WELL DONE: Scott Manthorpe is congratulated by club captain James Cushing.