New member Scott makes his mark
The captain’s drive-in was held at Beccles Golf Club recently.
After much debate amongst competition organiser Willie White, club secretary Alan Ereira, incoming captain James Cushing, and the players who had braved the elements, it was decided follow the drive-in with the monthly Medal qualifying competition.
James took to the first tee wielding an eight iron and with very blustery winds from behind, the ball finished in the dip at a distance of 149 yards.
Nearest guess in the sweepstake was Ben Debenham with 150 yards.
All the players struggled with the blustery and wet conditions, with only two players playing to par or better. In a creditable third position was James Cushing (86-11-75), second was David Wells (81-13-68) and winning his first competition was new club member Scott Manthorpe (91-24-67).
James thanked Willie and Sam for their hard work prior to the competition, clearing the greens of water, and Bert for the hot refreshments that were waiting on completion of the competition.
Forthcoming events: Saturday, February 15: 18-hole Stableford, yellow tees. Sunday, February 16: 18-hole Medal, yellow tees, men’s/ladies.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 5 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 6 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 7 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 8 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
WELL DONE: Scott Manthorpe is congratulated by club captain James Cushing.