Night on oche boosts charity
Paul Eagle and friends hosted their annual charity darts tournament at the Chaucer Club in Bungay. There were two competitions running side by side, one for the ladies and another for the men.
Paul Eagle and friends hosted their annual charity darts tournament at the Chaucer Club in Bungay.
There were two competitions running side by side, one for the ladies and another for the men.
Each produced some close and exciting games.
The night culminated with two very exciting finals. For the men Dan Willamott beat Mark Eaton 4-2 and in the ladies final Jan Turner overcame the challenge of Laura Bland to win 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
Awards were also given to the highest checkouts in each competition. These went to Vinny Mudd, for the men, with a checkout of 146 and for the ladies Nikki Bradley took the honours with a checkout of 98.
Lorraine Reade and Trevor Ling administered the evening and to keep the players and spectators sustained Ray and Wendy Tooke of the Chaucer Club provided complementary plates of bangers and mash, which proved to be very popular.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 3 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 10 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
The real winner on the evening was charity with �530 being raised for the Sandra Chapman Cancer Centre in Gorleston and Paul wishes to thank everybody who helped him in making the evening such a success.
Ladies Winner JPG From left to right Paul Eagle, Jan Turner, Trevor Page and Lorraine Reade
Men's Winner JPG From left to right Paul Eagle, Dan Willamott and Ray Tooke