Norton battle to draw on tour
NORTON Athletic FC travelled to Vilnuis in Lithuania for their sixth annual tour which saw them play FK Internacionalas at the national Zalgiris stadium.
With a touring squad of 16, Norton agreed to split the match into three 30-minute periods.
Tour manager Jon Green played the entire game in goal and captain was Scott Yarham who exchanged a signed Norton pennant and in return was handed a club football shirt from the opposition.
Norton took the lead when a skilful run from Tom Hudson led to a back-post cross which was headed home by Rory Spinks. The opposition equalised when they raided down the right and netted. Norton replied when Dom Moore picked the ball up and laid to Yarham who found Chris Burton, who carried the ball forward before finding the overlapping run of Tom Hudson. He moved the ball across the face of goal for Andy Green to finish.
Norton defended well but eventually FK levelled again. It ended as a draw, probaably the right result, and Norton still remain unbeaten in Europe after six trips.
You may also want to watch:
Well played to everyone who worked hard and big thanks to Chris Burton who organised the tour.
Squad (pictured): Jon Green, Scott Yarham, Adam Browne, Alex Rudd, Ben Burcham, Tom Hudson, Chris Burton, Danny Green, Dan Sanderson, Dominic Moore, Rory Spinks, Andy Green, Nigel Hudson, Steve Smith, Anthony Carney and Richard Hudson.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 3 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 4 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 5 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 6 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 Graduation worth the wait for East Coast College's class of 2020
- 10 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay