Nunn stars as Loddon get first win
Loddon picked up their first victory of the season when they won at Diss.They travel to Old Catton tomorrow hoping they can build on this encouraging win.
Loddon picked up their first victory of the season when they won at Diss.
They travel to Old Catton tomorrow hoping they can build on this encouraging win.
Loddon finally broke their run of defeats at Diss A with a comfortable victory by 89 runs.
Captain Jones finally had a good squad of players to pick from and Loddon began the game in confident mood.
The openers got off to a good start with Armiger (27) and Nunn (31) sharing a stand of 68 from the first wicket.
After the two openers fell Clemence and Andy Baker, who both scored 22 to keep the scoreboard ticking over. As Loddon moved into the last few overs Johnstone (18) came to the crease to up the scoring rate.
- 1 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 3 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
The Loddon innings closed on 163 for 8.
Chris Baker and Clemence opened the bowling and kept the scoring rate down. Baker picked up two wickets and Clemence one after a fine catch by Rowson. With the opposition well behind the rate Nunn came in to the attack to put the game beyond doubt.
Nunn took 5-22 in his spell and was made the Musker McIntyre man of the match.
Jones brought himself on to bowl and quickly finished the game up with two wickets.
Diss had been bowled out for 74 to give Loddon victory by 89 runs.