Panthers' cup run ends
BECCLES Panthers' Junior Carter Cup run came to an end at Horsford on Sunday. Beccles batted first and lost Luke Bailey to a fluke run-out. This set the trend for the innings as wickets fell at regular intervals.
BECCLES Panthers' Junior Carter Cup run came to an end at Horsford on Sunday.
Beccles batted first and lost Luke Bailey to a fluke run-out. This set the trend for the innings as wickets fell at regular intervals.
Glen Wright held the innings together hitting a nine-boundary score of 61. Mike Fisher threatened to post Beccles a large score with 19 off 12 balls, including a large six back over the bowlers head which smashed the rear window of a parked car.
Only four made double figures in a modest 143 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles had a good start to the bowling with only 13 runs from five overs. Fisher was bowling extreme pace on a quick track with Vickers trundling in from the other end. Horsford weathered the early threat and scored steadily until Andrews bowled Smith for 19.
A stunning catch from Barber put pressure back on Horsford, but this brought Lincoln to the crease to partner Bryan. The pair put on 77 to complete a comfortable win for the Horsford Knights.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Lining up are Beccles Panthers before the match against Hales Herd. Back row, left to right: M Fisher, L Buck, A Lowe, S Holmes, L Bailey, T. Marjoram; front row: S Andrews, G Wright, J Bate, J Barber B Vickers. Not pictured A Wright.