Pedal power in time trial
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year. The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year.
The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
Other VC Baracchi times were fourth George Kerridge 23:50, sixth Simon Asher 23:59, 10th John Swanbury 25:25, 11th Jim Keeble 25:38, 14th Simon Scott 26:06, 19th John Thompson 28:27.
Godric times were seventh Mark Elmy 24:30 and third in the Godric handicap, 12th Gavin Sumner 25:45 and second handicap, 15th Martin Sida-Page in a personal best time of 26:26 and first handicap, 16th Paul Barwood 26:34 and fourth handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Fifth on the night was Geoff Bateman, Anglia Velo, 23:52, eighth Andy Tyler, CC Breckland, 25:16 with Vince Edge Norwich ABC, 13th Paul Kemp Tri-Anglia 25:53, 17th Ray Ross Comrades CC 26:41, 18th John Coles Wolsey RC 27:03, 19th Danny Saver Tri-Anglia 29:37, 20th John Vidler Plomesgate CC 32:30. Mick and Harriet Hudspith Godric (Tandem) 24:49.
In the VTTA (East Anglian) 25 mile time trial at Newmarket, with a 6am start and a good morning Mick Hudspith, Godric CC, did the best time for a Godric rider this year 58:33, his best for two years.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
In the same event Jonh Dupen, VC Baracchi, did 57:22 and Pat Ellis from Woodton riding for VTTA EAST did 57:22 equal time with John.
The winner was Lee Bark Stowmarket and District CC 51:12 there was a field of 90 riders.