Pedal power in time trial
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year. The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year.
The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
Other VC Baracchi times were fourth George Kerridge 23:50, sixth Simon Asher 23:59, 10th John Swanbury 25:25, 11th Jim Keeble 25:38, 14th Simon Scott 26:06, 19th John Thompson 28:27.
Godric times were seventh Mark Elmy 24:30 and third in the Godric handicap, 12th Gavin Sumner 25:45 and second handicap, 15th Martin Sida-Page in a personal best time of 26:26 and first handicap, 16th Paul Barwood 26:34 and fourth handicap.
Fifth on the night was Geoff Bateman, Anglia Velo, 23:52, eighth Andy Tyler, CC Breckland, 25:16 with Vince Edge Norwich ABC, 13th Paul Kemp Tri-Anglia 25:53, 17th Ray Ross Comrades CC 26:41, 18th John Coles Wolsey RC 27:03, 19th Danny Saver Tri-Anglia 29:37, 20th John Vidler Plomesgate CC 32:30. Mick and Harriet Hudspith Godric (Tandem) 24:49.
In the VTTA (East Anglian) 25 mile time trial at Newmarket, with a 6am start and a good morning Mick Hudspith, Godric CC, did the best time for a Godric rider this year 58:33, his best for two years.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 7 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 8 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
In the same event Jonh Dupen, VC Baracchi, did 57:22 and Pat Ellis from Woodton riding for VTTA EAST did 57:22 equal time with John.
The winner was Lee Bark Stowmarket and District CC 51:12 there was a field of 90 riders.