Pedal power in time trial
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year. The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
TUESDAY night was the sixth evening 10 mile time trial on the Earsham by-pass, on the best night of the year.
The winner was Jim Burgess, Anglia Velo, in a time of 21 minutes 32 seconds, second was Liam Gentry, VC Baracchi, 22:38, third John Dupen, VC Baracchi, 23:43.
Other VC Baracchi times were fourth George Kerridge 23:50, sixth Simon Asher 23:59, 10th John Swanbury 25:25, 11th Jim Keeble 25:38, 14th Simon Scott 26:06, 19th John Thompson 28:27.
Godric times were seventh Mark Elmy 24:30 and third in the Godric handicap, 12th Gavin Sumner 25:45 and second handicap, 15th Martin Sida-Page in a personal best time of 26:26 and first handicap, 16th Paul Barwood 26:34 and fourth handicap.
You may also want to watch:
Fifth on the night was Geoff Bateman, Anglia Velo, 23:52, eighth Andy Tyler, CC Breckland, 25:16 with Vince Edge Norwich ABC, 13th Paul Kemp Tri-Anglia 25:53, 17th Ray Ross Comrades CC 26:41, 18th John Coles Wolsey RC 27:03, 19th Danny Saver Tri-Anglia 29:37, 20th John Vidler Plomesgate CC 32:30. Mick and Harriet Hudspith Godric (Tandem) 24:49.
In the VTTA (East Anglian) 25 mile time trial at Newmarket, with a 6am start and a good morning Mick Hudspith, Godric CC, did the best time for a Godric rider this year 58:33, his best for two years.
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 6 Decision made on East Suffolk council tax freeze
- 7 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 'Critical milestone' as replica chimneys installed on hospital revamp project
In the same event Jonh Dupen, VC Baracchi, did 57:22 and Pat Ellis from Woodton riding for VTTA EAST did 57:22 equal time with John.
The winner was Lee Bark Stowmarket and District CC 51:12 there was a field of 90 riders.