Plucky Beccles Ladies face a Division One relegation decider tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Beccles travelled to Watton 2nds with only 10 players.
The visitors’ task was made more difficult when they lost a player due to injury after 15 minutes.
Due to great efforts by the team, particularly Amy Thornton and Marnie Blair, it wasn’t until the 24th minute that Watton scored.
Watton made it 2-0 before half-time. In the second half, Beccles could have capitulated but they came out fighting and Tina Twitchett brought the ball down to score.
Watton regained a two-goal cushion but Beccles’ tenacity and spirit shone through and Charlie Calladine squeezed the ball past the Watton keeper to make it 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Near the end Watton’s two-player advantage told as they scored a further two goals to make it 5-2.
Beccles, in the last match of their season, face a relegation decider at home tomorrow against Pelicans 2nds needing a draw to stay in Division One of the Empresa Norfolk Women’s League.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more