Plucky Beccles Ladies face a Division One relegation decider tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Beccles travelled to Watton 2nds with only 10 players.
The visitors’ task was made more difficult when they lost a player due to injury after 15 minutes.
Due to great efforts by the team, particularly Amy Thornton and Marnie Blair, it wasn’t until the 24th minute that Watton scored.
Watton made it 2-0 before half-time. In the second half, Beccles could have capitulated but they came out fighting and Tina Twitchett brought the ball down to score.
Watton regained a two-goal cushion but Beccles’ tenacity and spirit shone through and Charlie Calladine squeezed the ball past the Watton keeper to make it 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Near the end Watton’s two-player advantage told as they scored a further two goals to make it 5-2.
Beccles, in the last match of their season, face a relegation decider at home tomorrow against Pelicans 2nds needing a draw to stay in Division One of the Empresa Norfolk Women’s League.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 6 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 9 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months