Proud year for fencing club
Esquive Fencing Club, based at the Hobart High School in Loddon, enjoyed considerable success at both regional and national competitions over the past year.
In February, a number of the club’s junior fencers competed in the Norfolk County Junior Foil Championships. Daniel Siggins claimed a silver medal in the under-12 event, whilst Olivia Bedwell won bronze at under-14. Thomas Musgrove and Robert Mitchell in the under-14 event came sixth and ninth respectively.
Esquive’s success has also extended to senior events. Michael Fay and Laura Healy, who are both assistant coaches at the club, have moved into the top 100 sabre fencers in Great Britain.
Michael finished eighth at the Hampshire Open and won silver at the inaugural Brighton Open. Laura won bronze at both Hampshire and Brighton and finished fifth at the Invicta Open in March.
At the Norfolk Open at the UEA Sportspark, Laura reached the final of the women’s sabre event. In an epic bout, she won her first silver medal and Esquive’s third for the season. At July 1, Laura was ranked 68th in women’s sabre and Michael was 93rd in men’s sabre.
You may also want to watch:
The club is incredibly proud of all its competitors, who have produced some amazing results.
Esquive Fencing Club runs from September to July at the Hobart High School, Loddon. The club will be running a six-week beginners’ course from Monday, September 12, the cost of which is �25.00.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
For more information about the club visit http:www.esquivefencingclub.webs.com or contact Paul Stimpson at firstname.lastname@example.org