Proud year for fencing club
Esquive Fencing Club, based at the Hobart High School in Loddon, enjoyed considerable success at both regional and national competitions over the past year.
In February, a number of the club’s junior fencers competed in the Norfolk County Junior Foil Championships. Daniel Siggins claimed a silver medal in the under-12 event, whilst Olivia Bedwell won bronze at under-14. Thomas Musgrove and Robert Mitchell in the under-14 event came sixth and ninth respectively.
Esquive’s success has also extended to senior events. Michael Fay and Laura Healy, who are both assistant coaches at the club, have moved into the top 100 sabre fencers in Great Britain.
Michael finished eighth at the Hampshire Open and won silver at the inaugural Brighton Open. Laura won bronze at both Hampshire and Brighton and finished fifth at the Invicta Open in March.
At the Norfolk Open at the UEA Sportspark, Laura reached the final of the women’s sabre event. In an epic bout, she won her first silver medal and Esquive’s third for the season. At July 1, Laura was ranked 68th in women’s sabre and Michael was 93rd in men’s sabre.
You may also want to watch:
The club is incredibly proud of all its competitors, who have produced some amazing results.
Esquive Fencing Club runs from September to July at the Hobart High School, Loddon. The club will be running a six-week beginners’ course from Monday, September 12, the cost of which is �25.00.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
For more information about the club visit http:www.esquivefencingclub.webs.com or contact Paul Stimpson at email@example.com