Pupils show Kwik reactions
Eighty children from Ditchingham, Alpington and Hempnall Primary Schools met at Topcroft Cricket Club to take part in a Kwick Cricket Festival.Great weather allowed a full afternoon's play and with some great cricket being played, everyone having a fantastic time.
Eighty children from Ditchingham, Alpington and Hempnall Primary Schools met at Topcroft Cricket Club to take part in a Kwick Cricket Festival.
Great weather allowed a full afternoon's play and with some great cricket being played, everyone having a fantastic time.
All three schools have been taking part in the Cricket Foundation's 'Chance to Shine' Cricket programme co-ordinated by James Johnston, Topcroft's Chance to Shine Manager.
Oversees player/coach Dammika Gunawardena has been leading the schools programme together with John Allen and John Andrews.
You may also want to watch:
The day started with Alpington Year 5 scoring 250 to beat Hempnall Year 5 by 19 runs on pitch 1 while on pitch 2, Ditchingham Year 4 came out winners against Hempnall Year 4, scoring 246 runs against 225.
All the year teams went on to play a further two games with Ditchingham coming out overall winners in both year groups.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
The day ended with all the schools' teams combining to play two representative games.
C2S manager James Johnston thanked the staff and volunteers for supporting the festival, and the children gave a round of applause for the coaches and staff.
“Today has been a great success with all three schools enjoying the fun and excitement of a mini tournament.
“The children have played the game in a great spirit and had a wonderful time,” commented Johnston.
The schools programme continues to the end of term and Topcroft CC are running holiday events at the club in the week of July 28.
For further details and booking call Rodney Baldwin (Junior Co-ordinator) on 07860 259691.