Rhodes produces some quality golf to win at Beccles
- Credit: Archant
Phil Rhodes returned to competition in imperious form to claim the Beccles Stableford spoils.
Rhodes, who is regularly capable of a quality of golf well beyond his high handicap, played consistently well in chilly but fine conditions.
He also improved his Winter Eclectic League standing as the pack closes in on the early pacesetter Chris Collison who stands at a fabulous running score of 62 gross, for a remarkable 53 net.
Increased interest from women, second club players and returning members has been generated from the club’s new recruitment drive at www.facebook.com/becclesgolfclub.
Players are encouraged to turn up and play anytime by posting £5 in a BGC envelope through the door for nine holes. Members all have punch code access to the clubhouse at any time.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Golf Club remains true to the open-to-all honesty box pay-and-play ethos of the Scottish origins of the game.
- 1 Green light for new homes bid in Norfolk village
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 4 Primary school reopens after outbreak of 17 Covid cases
- 5 New mayor unveiled for Bungay
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay