Robin ventures Farrar-way for race
BUNGAY Black Dog Robin Farrar ventured “off shore” to run the Ryde 10 mile on the Isle of Wight , on Sunday, February 1. An extremely cold day with a strong easterly gale greeted the field of 376 runners with the added bonus of the first 1� miles being up hill.
BUNGAY Black Dog Robin Farrar ventured “off shore” to run the Ryde 10 mile on the Isle of Wight , on Sunday, February 1.
An extremely cold day with a strong easterly gale greeted the field of 376 runners with the added bonus of the first 1� miles being up hill.
The combination of this “undulating” course and the weather conditions was reflected in the finishing times, with the winner coming home in 55:29. Robin finished 286th in 1-30:31. Although he has had better times, this was quite acceptable for this challenging race.
The final kilometre literally carried a sting in the tail. The sand was being whipped up from the beach by the increasingly bitter wind and causing drifts along the promenade.
You may also want to watch:
The sand hit the runners full in the face giving a new meaning to “grit in the teeth”. Many felt that this improved their complexion due this bout of sand blasting.
This weekend Robin along with approx 500 runners will be lining up to compete in the Great East Run 20k race starting from Bungay High School and meandering around the Saints. Late entries will be accepted up to 10.15am on the race day at the entry desk in the sports hall.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance