Rostron shines with bat and ball for Topcroft
Topcroft recorded an emphatic win over Hethersett and Tas Valley in Division Two of the Norfolk Alliance, with all-rounder Greg Rostron taking centre stage,
Topcroft won the toss and elected to bat first and Rostron rode his luck to craft a good innings of 91, with Henry Windridge adding 51 more runs to the tally.
Ben Baldwin with 25 and Tom Shrewsbury with 45 helped bring the total up to 267-5.
Fine bowling performances from Rostron and Ian Todd, who both took four wickets, set up the win, with Baldwin claiming a victim as well. They kept a tight leash on Tas Valley, restricting them to 155.
Topcroft A lost to Horsford C by 37 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Wheeler finally ended his first spell drought, getting a snick to first slip, while Martin Talbot bowled tight lines.
The dynamic duo of Harold Van Zanten and JP Andrews bowled nine overs, each taking four wickets between them.Talbot broke through against the tail at the end while Wheeler bowled well to keep Horsford down to 156-8.
- 1 'We had to take a chance': Bookshop defies the odds and launches in lockdown
- 2 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 3 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 4 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 5 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 6 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 7 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 10 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
Jacob Rhodes (28) and Kevin Springall (50) batted well from the first 20 overs. From this position Topcroft looked like they would see out the game but there was then a collapse and despite the efforts of Andrews (11) and Wheeler (19) Topcroft fell short.
Topcroft III beat Bungay after losing the toss and being put in to bat.
Runs from Andy Adcock (55), Ryan Ellis (30) David Reeder (18) helped the thirds up to 166-7.
Ryan Ellis then took out the top three batsmen, with two wickets being taken by caught and bowls. Joshua Etteridge took three wickets and David Reeder two wickets off just seven balls, and with senior and junior Bettridge claiming the remaining wickets, they bowled Bungay out for 51.
The following day Topcroft Sunday were put into bat by Norwich.
Archie Conway claimed three wickets with Ryan Ellis claiming another wicket for the weekend with Harry Windridge’s new spin action claiming his first using this new style as Norwich amassed 218-5.
Shrewsbury, opening up with JP Andrews, put on a 103 partnership before Andrews was caught on 27, Shrewsbury continued to bat and went on to reach 127 before being taken off by the skipper before Topcroft completed the win.