Runner beats his cold
The popular Reepham 10km race took place last Sunday. Much of the undulating route took in the Marriott's Way along the beautiful green corridor of the former railway line.
The popular Reepham 10km race took place last Sunday. Much of the undulating route took in the Marriott's Way along the beautiful green corridor of the former railway line. Of the 351 finishers, Bungay Black Dog Runners had four entrants.
Chris Chorley, despite a bad cold, was first home in 75th, in a time of 44:30.Bobbie Sauerzapf was 140th in 49:59. Philip Neave, returning from injury, was 220nd in 55:04secs and Jackie Richards starting out on her running career was 243rd in 56: 33.
On the same day, Bungay Black Dog Robin Farrar tackled the Isle of Wight Half Marathon. This tough and extremely hilly course, which involved climbs totalling 1,500 feet, attracted a large field of runners with 238 managing to overcome the heat to complete the challenge. Considering the conditions and terrain, Robin was pleased with his time of 2hrs 18mins and position of 208th.
A number of Junior Black Dogs accompanied club chairman John White to a summer track meet in Watford on August 12. This high quality open event was a chance for some of the juniors to experience running on a proper track and to compete with and watch the very best runners from eastern England.
You may also want to watch:
All runners achieved personal bests. Rory Lacey ran the 100m in 13.82 and was narrowly beaten in his heat in the 200m in a time of 28.06. Amongst the 17 heats in the 1500m, were two Black Dogs, Kieran McMorran in 5:04 and Miles Kingston in 5:44. Rhys Spencer finished the 3000m in a time of 11:57 which didn't start until 10.30pm!
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash