Runners stride out
THE Bungay Black Dog Running Club Handicap 10k race, held on Sunday, was organised by John Wharton.It was a handicap event, on a picturesque course, starting from Ditchingham Village Hall.
THE Bungay Black Dog Running Club Handicap 10k race, held on Sunday, was organised by John Wharton.
It was a handicap event, on a picturesque course, starting from Ditchingham Village Hall.
The 2009 champion is Ian Taylor, who although starting last, soon sped through the field and passed second and third placed Robbie James and Tim Morton over the last 2k to finish in a time of 38 min. Nikkie Watson took the Novice Trophy in 45 mins with Donna Dean next followed by Polli and Steve Cant.
In the main event Bruce Rayner finished fourth followed by Robin Sawyer, Bob Jack, Ali Morton, Nigel Gilham, Gavin Cole, Neil Thomas, Andrew M Smith, John Wharton, Karen Waters, Katy James, Carol Maycock, Hazel Garrity, Robin Farrar and Rob Donovan. Jim Cooper may have done well but turned up a half hour late.
You may also want to watch:
In the Horsford cross-country. Bobbie Sauerzapf finished in a time of 44:46 and was first in the FV50+ age group. In the men's race, four laps, Robbie James was ninth in 50:43 with Chris Chorley fifth in the MV50+ in 51:59.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 5 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk