Runners stride out
THE Bungay Black Dog Running Club Handicap 10k race, held on Sunday, was organised by John Wharton.It was a handicap event, on a picturesque course, starting from Ditchingham Village Hall.
THE Bungay Black Dog Running Club Handicap 10k race, held on Sunday, was organised by John Wharton.
It was a handicap event, on a picturesque course, starting from Ditchingham Village Hall.
The 2009 champion is Ian Taylor, who although starting last, soon sped through the field and passed second and third placed Robbie James and Tim Morton over the last 2k to finish in a time of 38 min. Nikkie Watson took the Novice Trophy in 45 mins with Donna Dean next followed by Polli and Steve Cant.
In the main event Bruce Rayner finished fourth followed by Robin Sawyer, Bob Jack, Ali Morton, Nigel Gilham, Gavin Cole, Neil Thomas, Andrew M Smith, John Wharton, Karen Waters, Katy James, Carol Maycock, Hazel Garrity, Robin Farrar and Rob Donovan. Jim Cooper may have done well but turned up a half hour late.
You may also want to watch:
In the Horsford cross-country. Bobbie Sauerzapf finished in a time of 44:46 and was first in the FV50+ age group. In the men's race, four laps, Robbie James was ninth in 50:43 with Chris Chorley fifth in the MV50+ in 51:59.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published