Runners will boost Trust
ENTRIES are flooding in from far and near for The Roger Wing Memorial Charity 10k and Fun Run which takes place today (Friday) at Broome Village Hall.
Proceeds will be donated this year to All Hallows Healthcare Trust. Based at the independent community hospital at Ditchingham, the Trust is an expanding charitable organisation which offers a wide range of quality services, with priority for residents of Norfolk and Suffolk.
This is an event aiming to encourage all abilities, whether seeking a personal best or just wanting to complete the course, sponsored for the charity.
For those that want to get into the spirit of the day but don’t feel they can run 10km, there is the option of the one-mile, off-road fun run, which is open to youngsters and adults of all ages.
The Fun Run will cost �2 to enter and starts at 10am. The 10km start time is 10.30am with an entry fee of �6, or �8 for unattached runners.
Competitors in both events will be well supported by the friendly Bungay Black Dog Running Club.
The club is encouraging all runners to raise as much money as possible, through their entry fee and gaining sponsorship, although the latter is not compulsory.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 4 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
Once again Norfolk & Suffolk 4x4 Response members have volunteered their 4x4 vehicles and expertise in support of this event.
They will help with radio communication, medic and equipment transport, marshalling and at water stations.
Race organisers are thrilled with this assistance as it raises the efficiency and safe running of this event.
The running club has also thanked Tesco Beccles, Morrisons Beccles and the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund for their provision of prizes and race mementoes for this event.
Start and finish for the 10k race is outside Broome Artichoke pub, and competitors, spectators and helpers will be made welcome at the Artichoke after the races are over.
n For entry and sponsorship forms and further information please go to www.bungayblackdogrunningclub.co.uk