Sailors battle strong winds
For the third week running, BASC sailors took a battering from the strong winds.In the seniors, the gusty, warm southerlies kept the rescue boat busy by claiming Enterprises, but that didn't stop Mark Langston in his Laser keeping his Series A hopes alive by winning both races.
For the third week running, BASC sailors took a battering from the strong winds.
In the seniors, the gusty, warm southerlies kept the rescue boat busy by claiming Enterprises, but that didn't stop Mark Langston in his Laser keeping his Series A hopes alive by winning both races. N and A Shipley in a Norfolk and team Deller in their Ent had to settle for second and third respectively, leaving the RNLI Pennant Trophy wide open.
Hugh Braidwood in the Juniors confirmed the Poyser Cup remains his, with another double in his Oppie Smoke on the Water. B Ashcroft and R Gilchrist in their Toppers will be battling it out in the final week to see who secures second position overall.
The next day saw some more gentle breezes from the south-west while BASC hosted their annual open day. A steady stream of visitors enjoyed the excellent facilities, many of whom were taken out on the water by club members in Enterprises and Norfolks.
Thanks went to all the BASC team who worked tirelessly throughout the day. All information about BASC is available online at www.becclesasc.co.uk or come down on a Saturday and enjoy a friendly welcome at the club.
Results. Seniors Race One: 1 M Langston, 2 N and A Shipley, 3 R and M Deller, 4 J Shipley, 5 J Blankley, 6 P Jarvis, (two retired).
- 1 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 4 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 5 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 6 Boost for Beccles Men's Shed with grant funding donation
- 7 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 10 Museum ready for 21st century after 'transformation'
Seniors Race Two: 1 M Langston, 2 N and A Shipley, 3 R and M Deller, 4 J Shipley, 5 P Jarvis, (one retired).
Junior Race One: 1 H Braidwood, 2 B Ashcroft, 3 R Gilchrist, 4 S Baylis, 5 H Shipley, (four retired).
Junior Race Two: 1 H Braidwood, 2 B Ashcroft, 3 R Gilchrist, 4 H Shipley.