Sailors battle strong winds
For the third week running, BASC sailors took a battering from the strong winds.In the seniors, the gusty, warm southerlies kept the rescue boat busy by claiming Enterprises, but that didn't stop Mark Langston in his Laser keeping his Series A hopes alive by winning both races.
For the third week running, BASC sailors took a battering from the strong winds.
In the seniors, the gusty, warm southerlies kept the rescue boat busy by claiming Enterprises, but that didn't stop Mark Langston in his Laser keeping his Series A hopes alive by winning both races. N and A Shipley in a Norfolk and team Deller in their Ent had to settle for second and third respectively, leaving the RNLI Pennant Trophy wide open.
Hugh Braidwood in the Juniors confirmed the Poyser Cup remains his, with another double in his Oppie Smoke on the Water. B Ashcroft and R Gilchrist in their Toppers will be battling it out in the final week to see who secures second position overall.
The next day saw some more gentle breezes from the south-west while BASC hosted their annual open day. A steady stream of visitors enjoyed the excellent facilities, many of whom were taken out on the water by club members in Enterprises and Norfolks.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks went to all the BASC team who worked tirelessly throughout the day. All information about BASC is available online at www.becclesasc.co.uk or come down on a Saturday and enjoy a friendly welcome at the club.
Results. Seniors Race One: 1 M Langston, 2 N and A Shipley, 3 R and M Deller, 4 J Shipley, 5 J Blankley, 6 P Jarvis, (two retired).
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
Seniors Race Two: 1 M Langston, 2 N and A Shipley, 3 R and M Deller, 4 J Shipley, 5 P Jarvis, (one retired).
Junior Race One: 1 H Braidwood, 2 B Ashcroft, 3 R Gilchrist, 4 S Baylis, 5 H Shipley, (four retired).
Junior Race Two: 1 H Braidwood, 2 B Ashcroft, 3 R Gilchrist, 4 H Shipley.