School's county cup delight
Sir John Leman 2, Benjamin Britten 0The Sir John Leman High School Year 9 Boys' football team played in the final of the Suffolk County Cup at Lowestoft Town FC.
Sir John Leman 2, Benjamin Britten 0
The Sir John Leman High School Year 9 Boys' football team played in the final of the Suffolk County Cup at Lowestoft Town FC.
It is the first time the team has won the County Cup since 1992.
The boys progressed to the final after wins over Thomas Mills High, Deben High, Coplestone High and Kesgrave High School.
You may also want to watch:
The final was played against Benjamin Britten High School and was played in front of 200 spectators.
Liam Pickess scored the winning goal after an excellent flick on from Jack Brighty in the second half of the match.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge
Both teams had chances in both halves and Levi McCoy had to make a couple of excellent saves to keep them in the game.
The boys have all contributed to the success of the team and can look forward to next season and a run in the national competition.
Pictured are, back row (from left): Teddy Mattocks (14), Jake Pilgrim (13), Levi McCoy (14), Kieran Devlin (14), Will Howlett (14), Cobi Edwards (13), Jack Brighty (14).
Front row: Tom Pearce (13), Kieran Baldwin (14), Liam Pickess (14), Lee Parsons (13), Kieran Bale (13), Hayden Rogers (13), Logan Drew (13).
Sub: Ryan O'Donnell