Seal of approval for Beccles RFC
Beccles Rugby Club was awarded the RFU Mini and Junior Seal of Approval last Saturday following a year of hard work. The prestigious award was presented to club coach Ian Rees by Andrew Sarek from the RFU (pictured).
Beccles Rugby Club was awarded the RFU Mini and Junior Seal of Approval last Saturday following a year of
The prestigious award was presented to club coach Ian Rees by Andrew Sarek from the RFU (pictured). The Mini and Junior Seal of Approval rewards clubs who are well run and have a good system in place for bringing players through from when they start rugby to when they move on into senior rugby.
The scheme makes sure all clubs which have the award perform at an acceptable standard.
You may also want to watch:
The club has been working hard for the past year to qualify for the reward. Coach Ian Rees has been an important part of this and has spent many hours getting the club to the required level. He said: “The success we have had on the pitch, with the club getting promoted to London Division Two North-East, has been mirrored off the pitch with the organisation of the club taking a big step forward”.
The hard work looks set to continue as the club is now keen to push on and get the whole Club Seal of Approval.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
This will hopefully be in place soon and then Beccles will be only a handful of clubs in the area to qualify for the award.