Seal of approval for Beccles RFC
Beccles Rugby Club was awarded the RFU Mini and Junior Seal of Approval last Saturday following a year of hard work. The prestigious award was presented to club coach Ian Rees by Andrew Sarek from the RFU (pictured).
Beccles Rugby Club was awarded the RFU Mini and Junior Seal of Approval last Saturday following a year of
The prestigious award was presented to club coach Ian Rees by Andrew Sarek from the RFU (pictured). The Mini and Junior Seal of Approval rewards clubs who are well run and have a good system in place for bringing players through from when they start rugby to when they move on into senior rugby.
The scheme makes sure all clubs which have the award perform at an acceptable standard.
The club has been working hard for the past year to qualify for the reward. Coach Ian Rees has been an important part of this and has spent many hours getting the club to the required level. He said: “The success we have had on the pitch, with the club getting promoted to London Division Two North-East, has been mirrored off the pitch with the organisation of the club taking a big step forward”.
The hard work looks set to continue as the club is now keen to push on and get the whole Club Seal of Approval.
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 7 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Memorial garden unveiled as centre's open day is a success
- 10 Vandals damage fence and gate in night-time incident
This will hopefully be in place soon and then Beccles will be only a handful of clubs in the area to qualify for the award.