Seniors to the fore at golf club
The senior members for once kept the younger players at bay when the Avenue Catering Shield was contested at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.David Dean Snr cost himself a cut of three shots from his handicap when posting 45 points to win the shield by five clear points.
The senior members for once kept the younger players at bay when the Avenue Catering Shield was contested at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.
David Dean Snr cost himself a cut of three shots from his handicap when posting 45 points to win the shield by five clear points. The in-form Chris Peach was runner-up with 40 points and Ray Walding, showing his old form, gained third with 39 points.
Mike Garrood and Bob Janney filled the minor placings. As usual Sam and Willie were thanked for their early morning greens preparation as was Sue for providing her delicious lunch.
Lady Captain Sam Cooper's Sunday stableford competition was well attended on Easter Sunday in the rain. Ron Walding won his first event by posting 43 points. Runner-up was Eddie Bowles (38) and third Bob Janney (37). Thanks were expressed to Sam for not only preparing the greens but providing pizzas for lunch also.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, the Lillian Allen Cup will tee off at 8am (draw 7.45) and the Tolly team travel to the Suffolk GC on Sunday for their first round match.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus