Seniors to the fore at golf club
The senior members for once kept the younger players at bay when the Avenue Catering Shield was contested at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.David Dean Snr cost himself a cut of three shots from his handicap when posting 45 points to win the shield by five clear points.
The senior members for once kept the younger players at bay when the Avenue Catering Shield was contested at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday.
David Dean Snr cost himself a cut of three shots from his handicap when posting 45 points to win the shield by five clear points. The in-form Chris Peach was runner-up with 40 points and Ray Walding, showing his old form, gained third with 39 points.
Mike Garrood and Bob Janney filled the minor placings. As usual Sam and Willie were thanked for their early morning greens preparation as was Sue for providing her delicious lunch.
Lady Captain Sam Cooper's Sunday stableford competition was well attended on Easter Sunday in the rain. Ron Walding won his first event by posting 43 points. Runner-up was Eddie Bowles (38) and third Bob Janney (37). Thanks were expressed to Sam for not only preparing the greens but providing pizzas for lunch also.
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow, the Lillian Allen Cup will tee off at 8am (draw 7.45) and the Tolly team travel to the Suffolk GC on Sunday for their first round match.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay