Seventh heaven for Beccles gym girls
SEVEN out of nine county medals were won by gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club.The county competition was held on Saturday for those working with the British Gymnastics award scheme.
SEVEN out of nine county medals were won by gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club.
The county competition was held on Saturday for those working with the British Gymnastics award scheme.
Nine gymnasts were entered in the competition at Ipswich. Molly Ellis and Gemma Nouraikia just missed out on medals in fourth and fifth places respectively on Level Three age eight and over.
a bronze medal was won by Rebekah Aitken in a very competitive Level Two aged seven/eight.
You may also want to watch:
Silver medals were won by Courtney Garaway Level Two aged six/seven and Maria Kirby Level Four.
Gold medals were won by Chloe Squires Level Four, Alice Nichols Level Three, age eight, Laura Ellis Level Three aged eight/nine and Emma Wilson Level One, age five/six.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
Their coaches Terry Gasking and Ann Brockwell are very pleased with their performance.
Meanwhile, four gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club took part in a friendly floor and vault competition organised by the Bury Spectrum Club in Bury St Edmunds. Gymnasts had been invited from Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Daisy Tyrrell-Kent was up first in the 12/13 age group in a competitive group of 13 gymnasts.
Daisy showed off a stylish floor routine to be awarded 11.55, and a much-improved vault to score 10.9, giving her an over all score of 22.45 winning her a well-deserved silver medal.
Then followed three gymnasts competing in the first ever competition.
Rebecca Chapman, Jasmine Knoglinger and Savannah Knoglinger performed competent floor routines and showed potential in the vaults which bodes well for future competitions. They earned overall scores of 20.95 for Rebecca, 20.4 for Jasmine and 20.3 for Savannah. They all performed very well.